When Your Child Doesn't Share Your Passion?

• Work-from-home

Ziddi_anGel

Super Star
Aug 23, 2013
●♥ღ ÐязαmℓάиÐ ღ♥●
When your child doesn't share your passion

Writing is my drug, my passion, and my obsession.

Books are good because they can shade your eyes. They don’t cost money and they don’t waste energy.

Advertisement
Holy Mary, Mother of God. They shade your eyes? What are you, some pampered prince lying on a beach lounge? They don’t cost money? No, because I buy them for you! They don’t waste energy? You’re right there. Although we do have to “trim” some trees to print them … After I picked myself off the floor from hilarity and shock, I reassured him that his statements were indeed correct and I was simply amused by his interesting observations, rather than laughing at his answers. What I didn’t say was, You live in a house drowning in books, your mother is a writer, your father usually has his face transfixed to a screen reading something, and what you’ve chosen to share about books is that they shade your eyes?

Twenty-five recounts of the camp they’d just returned from ALL began something like this “On Wednesday 1st August, Level 3 students and teachers boarded the buses for our camp.” Oh the pain. The pain for the teacher who had to read this repetitive introduction to a story he already knew (given he was there). The pain to think how unoriginal and herd-like we all are, that no-one felt compelled to break the mould. I had to remind myself the goal was teaching sentence structure, paragraphs, introductions, bodies and conclusions. The basics.

@Fanii @NiRaaLi_Man0