One Last Wish

• Work-from-home

Prince-Farry

TM Champ
Mar 19, 2008
Assalamoalaikum everyone, umeed hein sab theek hoo...maine apni eng ki class mei aik story likhi thi..socha share karo apse....is assignment mei hamein aik novel likhni thi..and novel ka 1st chapter nd last chapter batana tha...to ismei 1st nd last chap likha howa hai....time nikale and parhe...leave ur comments....{(popcorn)}

Chapter 1
The rain and cold weather of Manchester made his sorrows more severe and painful, as the depressing weather went on more than a few weeks. England was surrounded with ridiculous number of snow storms and the temperature was at its highest peak. He looked outside the window to share his sadness with the wind and the snow flurries. They all made sounds of loneliness, loss and sorrow. He heard the doorbell, “Who is there?” His voiced almost cracked in the middle.

“It’s me Bony, your aunt”, she tried to shout behind the main door.

“I am coming Aunty; one second”, he replied and quickly rushed to the door.
As he let her in by opening the door, he backed off to let her in; she entered the room quickly by shuffling of the snow from her coat.

“Oh! Boy, what kind of weather we have these days”, she almost got success in catching her breath.

“Did you eat something?” she investigated.

“No, I did not feel the need and neither am I hungry”, he sounded so broken.

It made his aunt Britny disappointed. She was her mother’s only sister. They knew nobody, but only their aunt Britney and her daughter Julie and her son Gino, they lived down the street. Brian was loved by her mother obviously. But on the other side his aunt Britney as well. He sat on the relaxing chair, as she went to the kitchen to get the dinner ready for him. The sound of the relaxing chair was annoying as it filled the entire house with the repetition of cheen, cheen, cheen, cheen. No doubt it was consistent as he vibrated on it like a pendulum. There was this awkward silence for a while, and then finally she started placing the plates on the dinner table.
“Come son, let’s eat something”, she requested him to move.
Everything was bitter and useless for him as nothing was pleasing to him anymore. There was no energy in his body. Poor guy could not handle the shock easily. His mother loved him and not only was she his hero, but a great friend of him as well, how could he take her death so easy.

“Aunty, I don’t want to eat”, he rejected in a very sad voice.

“Oh come on, may be a little bit”, she tried to force him, but he already gave up on refusing as there was no patience and energy for arguing.

He tried to eat but only after two to three bites, he landed on his relaxing chair, away from dinner.

“Can I get you something else? She expected him to demand.

“No aunty, I am okay”, he was still lost in his thoughts.

“May be Coffee? She recommended.

“Okay, but can you add little bit hot water in it, after putting the sugar and cream”, he required.

“Sure, sure my son, not a problem”, she replied.

The lights were faded, but her muscular body with healthy facial looks was very visible in the room.

She sat on a couch beside him, as she headed over the coffee, “Listen son, I am also missing my sister badly, but what can we do. Please try to overcome this hard situation. I can’t see you lying around like this. It’s been two weeks since your mother has met the Almighty, but your sorrow is engulfing you strongly”, she burst into tears.

He was still vibrating back and forth on the chair with a cup of coffee in his hand.

“Now I have to tell you something really important”, she raised her eye brows while wiping out the tears.

“What is it aunty?” he looked up in curiosity.

“Your mother talked to me for hours before two weeks to her death in hospital. She told me how she loved you and Julie, since your childhood. She was very happy and excited about Julie and said to me. You know what Britny I never had a daughter, but I always felt Julie as my daughter. This is my wish of her life that Julie gets married to you, to you Brian”, his mouth left opened for a while.

He could not say a work and then he almost yelled, “What, what is this nonsense aunty? You know I love Susan and she loves me. It’s true that no one knows about it except you…….. And you aunty…Didn’t you tell mom that I love Susan”.

“I was about to but suddenly the nurse came in and I had to leave after that. She wanted to talk to you about this but since you were so busy for finding a job, so that’s why she didn’t want to distract you”, she explained with a logical tone.

“But at least she could have mentioned it to me at any point”, he objected.

“I don’t know dear! But it was her last wish for you to fulfill”, she delivered the verdict and grabbed her purse and keys to leave, “OK! Son, get better and I will see you soon”.

He let his head fall in between his shoulders and said, “oh my God”, in a big sigh.

As aunty left that night, he was struggling with his soul and tried to find himself, “Should I get married or not, what about Susan? What about my mother’s last wish to me? What about my promises to Susan?” all of these questions and ideas were banging with the walls of his head.

As he sat down, he missed his mother desperately and a stream of feelings spoke inside of him for his mother, “I missed you by day and night, every single moment, every single second and minute. Just because I was attending a scary, nasty and cruel dream doesn’t mean you could leave me behind in the same situation. This dream put me so away from you. I could not reach you. I could not see you. The day has passed and nights overlap itself and it is without you. I could not be there, since I was attending this dream. This dream was very brutal, but I try to smile through tears and feel love through loneliness. I miss your welcomes, your care, and your sympathy and your friendship. I miss you so much your love, oh my lovely mom”.

The deep thoughts have drawn him to the sleep. He was left on the relaxing chair. As the dawn arose, his decision has been made. He woke up tired and with cracking body along with sore muscles. He hadn’t had enough sleep since three weeks. After taking a shower, he was ready to drive to Susan’s house.

As he arrived, Gabby came to open the door, “Oh, Hi Brian bro…” she sounded like a gangster.
“Hey little angel, how are you?” he greeted.

“Come on Brian, why you still call me little angel. I am in high school, a grown up teenager”, Gabby replied.

“Ok, Ok, calm down young lady. Where is Susan?” he asked.

“What else would you come here for? It’s only one reason and plus I am following your eyes that are running around the house to look for someone”, she tried to be naughty, “She is upstairs…ooh there she is”.

Gabby stopped as she saw Susan heading downstairs. Gabby instantly left for the sake of their privacy, but at the same time she was hearing everything behind the door in her room. After greeting each other they hugged, but Susan’s attempt to kiss him failed by Brian, as he backed off instantly. She had smelt the situation as of a very awkward behavior.

He started in a sad mysterious tone, “Susan, sometimes we come to a point, where everything feels like pulling you apart. You are holding many things in your hands but they are all pulling you in different directions. That’s when you have to let go of some things and choose some to be on one side of life. Otherwise, they both pull you to the extent where you are torn into many pieces”.

She had raised her eyebrows and was following the direction of Brian’s speech.

But finally she interrupted him, “I can’t really catch up with your philosophy Brian, can you make it little clear to the point?” she directed him.

“Well, it is a bitter reality and we have to face it. My mom wanted me to get married with Julie. It was her last wish. She never expected or demanded much from me”, he cries brutally.

Susan came closer and comforts him by sitting him down on the couch, “would you like something to drink”, she asked him as she offered tissue paper box to him.

He grabbed some tissue papers and started cleaning up his nose, “Listen Susan this is not easy, but I would have to get married to her if this was a wish of my mom, at least I can do something for my mom now. Cancer had taken her away but her memories, love and my obedience will always remain with me”.
As he looked at Susan, she was crying but quietly, that he did not notice with out observing tears flowing down her cheeks.

This shock had shaken away her heart. Her tongue did not help for a moment, but finally she spoke, “What about me Brian? After my mom and dad had passed away in that car crash, I had learned to live because of you and Gabby. I live for your love, inspiration, care and romance, why are you taking it away from me? I try to smile when I am intense and tired and even frustrated just for Gabby. And you have helped me a lot to come through all of this. Without you, my life is a dried ocean like a barren jungle that has no company, no excitement and no reason to be excited”.

He was in a great flood of tears, “I am sorry Susan, destiny has required me to do something and I can’t abandon it to regret myself forever. I am sorry”.

As he walked towards the door he stopped and looked back, “Susan, please forgive me if you could”, he leaves.

As the door shut behind him, Susan brutally cried for loosing her love. She never imagined it would be a day in her life, when she will be rejected from Brian. In the same week, Brian told his aunty Britny that he has agreed to marry Julie. The marriage was arranged immediately after two weeks. Britny had successfully convinced all of the relatives that it is really important for Brian to have someone in his life. He should not live alone anymore. The loneliness after his mother’s death is not very helpful for him at all. As Brian got married to Julie, there was no scale that could measure Britny’s happiness. On the other side, Julie was always embracing and giving care to the diamond necklace given by Brian on her wedding night. Her dream was fulfilled. She could do anything to attain Brian’s love and now she has it. One month later, Brian had to go for an important business deal with a Canadian company to Toronto. He boarded the plane on June 25th 2001.

Final Chapter
Julie was desperate to know, “what’s going on with Brian? Does he care about me? Why he doesn’t even miss me? She had missed him a lot. Why would not she?”

He had only spent one month with her after their marriage and then he was away for almost a year by now.

“It is all moms’ fault; she should not have lied to him. What need was there to make him come back after just two weeks he has left”, she was intense and pissed off at her mother.

She came into the kitchen to get a drink and saw her mother cooking.
Julie couldn’t help, “Mom, it’s your entire fault. Why did you lie to Brian that I am sick in hospital? What was the reason?”

She was in a bad mood and a worst tone.

“You will not understand this; I have told you that a woman should never let the man fly their own way. They may never come back”, her mother tried to sound like a smart philosopher but it freaked the crap out of Julie.

“Listen mom, I don’t need your mercy and help to maintain my relationship, and thanks for ruining my life”, as soon as Julie said this, her mother puked out everything that she had done so far.

She called Julie a bitch and in fact a selfish bitch for the reason that Britny had lied to her beloved and dear nephew about his mother’s last wish. She admitted that it was a lie to Brian that his mother had a last wish of marrying him to Julie.

“I betrayed my own blood for you Julie and now you treat me like a piece of shit”, she screamed everything out without realizing that Gino was recording behind his bedroom door.

Gino has been always experiencing that his mother is not fair often times to even her children. She has been always in favour of her own ideology. She always pushed her ideas onto others. She never gave a crap about other’s feelings, but did whatever she thought was right to do. There were many times when she totally ignored others in order to promote her own selfishness. Gino had built up a great intension towards Gabby. At this moment, he also knew that it is unfair to Julie to live in a state of ignorance about her husband’s love. It was totally unfair to Brian and Susan to suffer in their life without each other. Not only, Gino wanted to get the right person for everyone but also wanted to achieve Gabby. It would be a lot a difficult in this circumstance of their family’s conflict. The recorded evidence could work to solve a very complicated phenomenon. He had done a great job, as he got the entire Britny’s confession on the recorder.

Julie was shaken by a great earthquake. An earthquake of reality and this reality was more painful than death. She went to her room and looked herself in the mirror with the tears in her eyes. The first sight of her self caught the diamond necklace in her neck. She rolled her finger over the pearls and spoke to the necklace.

“I thought you are a bond of love between me and Brian. I thought you are amusement for me to feel Brian closer to my heart through you by every single breath of my life. But you are a lie, a bitter and cruel joke to my life. You are nothing but deception. My life could have been much better without you and all that relates you to me”, she miserably went into emotional destroyed state.

The trauma was greater than this entire universe. Her world was on fire of cruel bitter reality. She decided to tell Brian everything truthfully. She decided to not take love as a begged piece of sympathy. She called Brian and has everything explained to him exactly in the way it has happened. Brian appreciated the way she had explained the reality to him as she apologized for injustice that was done to Brian. He immediately came to Manchester and tried to contact Susan. It was a pleasure for him to know that she was still single.

On the other side, Susan has listened to the recorded voice of Britny admitting her lies and faults. The recording was provided Gabby, when she followed Gino’s directions to take that recorded to Susan. She had felt a lot of sympathy for Brian already. After a year, they saw each other. It had felt like centuries of being without each other. The excitement was overwhelming. Brian tried to explain, but Susan stopped him and said that she has known everything.
The next moment, Brian’s words shocked Susan as he said, “Susan, will you marry me?” he proposed her.

She raised her eye brows incuriosity, “but what about Julie?” She objected.

“She has divorced me”, he explained.
He satisfied Susan that Julie wanted him to be happy and gets marry to his love of life (Susan). Susan was surprisingly happy with a coincidence of life and accepted Brian’s proposal. Julie promised to be their friend forever and hid the fire of her love deep inside her chest.

On the wedding day of Brian and Susan, there were two ceremonies; the marriage of Brian and Susan and the engagement of Gabby and Gino. They will be engaged until finishing their studies and will be married thereafter.

Prince-Farry

TM Champ
Mar 19, 2008
parh bhi li itni jaldi...{(confuse)}
and thanks...
acha aik baat batao..
aik story hai..usmei bht swearing words hai..am i allowed to put dat ?{(silly)}