Kashif Mehmood [Profile]

• Work-from-home

Pari

(v)i§§· ßµølï ßµð£ï¨
VIP
Mar 20, 2007
Toronto, Canada
The tufted and swarming ‘Saif’ of Ashiana, who won the heart of masses with his lively performance is in his real life a very simple and an honest person besides been straight forward and friendly. Struggling in his early years of showbiz career, finally he has set his foot in the plays and productions of good producers and actors. He’s hard working and a determined person. He is sweet and funny.

When and how you came into the showbiz?

I started my acting career in 93, working in stage plays I was offered minor roles in TV plays. Break through came when I was offered Muuno Bhai’s Zaroorat. It was my first play. After that I produced Ashiana and worked with senior directors and actors. Although I didn’t get expected monetary returns but got a lot of fame from that as an actor..
Why you entered into production?
Well I wanted to explore my potential as a
producer and as an actor. Therefore I produced my own serial Ashiana and also acted in it. And it was a success.
How do you rate your role as ‘Saif’ of Ashiana?
It was just great, a memorable performance. I am surprised that people still remember ‘Saif’ and even call me by this name.

Did you get what you were expecting from Bulandi?
After Ashiana, I produced Bulandi. It was a big production and it had list of experience people in it. It gave me more than i wanted form that serial.

Name few of your projects as a producer after the success of Bulandi?
I got a lot of offers from directors and then I did Boota From Toba Teg Singh, Be Warris, Maom Ka Chehra, Inkar, and more.

Do you still work in stage plays? Why.
Yes, I still work in stage plays. Its different. You have to be perfect all the time as you can not repeat the scene. You have to perform live in front of people.

Any plans to enter the big screen?
I was contacted by Syed Noor and Pervaiz Rana. It was an honour for me. I may come up with my own film.
Any comment on Pakistani movies?
They need a lot of improvement in all aspects.

Which are your favourite actors?
Afzal Ahmed, Waseem Abbas, Faisal Rehman, Shahrukh Khan, Anupum Kher, Madhuri Dixit are great peformers.

Anyone that has inspired you a lot?
Imran khan, as a cricket hero.

Have you done something for showbiz?
Yes I have opened a production academy with a name ‘Ashiana Friends’, and my aim is to bring up talented youngsters into the field of production.

Why did you plan to open such production academy?
Our youth has a lot of hidden talent in them but they don’t get opportunities to utilize their talent. When I came into production, I had to face a lot of problems and I don’t want youth to suffer form all this.
Tell us about Deewane, your upcoming play?
Directed by Usman Zulfiqar, it would prove to be a great serial. I have a lead role in it. It is concerened with the problems of youth.

How you feel being a famous person?
I feel no change. I still play cricket in streets. I remain very simple.

Reactions: nrbhayo