Top 10 Cars Of 2013

• Work-from-home

Ziddi_anGel

Super Star
Aug 23, 2013
●♥ღ ÐязαmℓάиÐ ღ♥●
Honda Amaze
Honda Amaze is the clear No.1 in 2013. With a 1.5L i-DTEC engine that’s exclusively developed for India, the Amaze marked Honda’s entry into the diesel segment. That fact itself made the Amaze recognisable in the already crowded diesel segment. Exceptional mileage of 25.8kmpl and sub-Rs 5lakh price tag made the Amaze a runaway hit with sales topping 50000 units in 8 months. Consequently, Honda's market share moved up from 2.7% in 2012-13 to 6.8% today. Space, mileage and appearance coupled with the reliability of a Honda car are the Amaze’s strong points and it is as close to perfect as you can get for the money.

Hyundai GRAND i10
There has been a long-standing void in Hyundai’s lineup for India – between the i10 and the i20. The i10 is too small and the i20 slightly ‘more premium’ for the most competitive hatchback segment. Hyundai brought some balance to its line-up, with the new GRAND i10 bridging the gap between the i10 and the i20. The all-new 1.1 U2 CRDi diesel engine may not be the car’s forte, but GRAND i10 comes with a handful of very useful features, great interior quality, class-leading mileage and an eye-catching design. No doubt, the GRAND i10 is great value for your money, especially if your driving is more stop-and-go or city driving.

Volkswagen Polo GT 1.2 TSI
Those who cribbed about the Polo 1.2 being underpowered and the 1.6 being defunct found solace in the new Polo TSI. The new Polo is all about absolute performance. 174 Nm of torque is a remarkable output for a car of this size; even sweeter is the fact that the peak torque is available from as low as 1500 rpm and all the way to 4100 rpm. Since the superior performance is achieved with the help of a turbocharger, there’s an inevitable lag but the clever ratios of the DSG gearbox mask it well. The 7-speed DSG automatic gearbox milks the best out of the TSI while maximizing fuel efficiency. In a diesel-crazy nation, there still exist many petrol-loyalists who seek pure performance and this one’s for them.

Tata Vista D90
Indica has been an important car for Tata. Ever since its launch in 1998, the car has evolved into a capable and practical hatchback that always stayed on top of sales charts. In its latest Vista D90 avatar, Indica shifted the goal posts to another pitch. Powered by a specially tuned Quadrajet diesel engine, the new Indica is a completely different animal that delivers 90PS of raw power and 200 Nm of torque. As the figures suggest, the motor snarls pleasantly under the whip. More remarkable is Tata’s undying effort to improve the quality of interiors. It may not be so refined as its direct competitors, but the Vista D90 is a great package at a fair price point.

Skoda Octavia
Skoda Octavia has been a household name in India ever since it marked the Volkswagen Group's entry into the country in 2001. The Czech carmaker has reintroduced the Octavia after 12 years and the car looks poised to repeat, if not surpass, the success of the first generation Octavia. The new Octavia’s exterior design is all about clear lines and sharp edges. The cabin is a huge improvement over the outgoing model in all aspects. The dual tone plastics feel softer, seats are more comfortable, cabin is roomier with enough space for five adults and the interiors look more premium, overall. The new Octavia caters to a wide consumer demographic, appealing to families, couples, seniors and enthusiasts alike. It is a practical, spacious and comfortable family sedan and, at the same time, offers plenty of power and dynamics for the enthusiasts.

Mercedes-Benz A Class
Mercedes Benz is targeting the affluent youth of India with the A Class, and rightly so. One of the best-looking cars in 2013, the A Class appeals to the Gen-X, thanks to its trendy character. The unique diamond grille outside and ARTICO upholstery along with the SLS AMG inspired cockpit inside give the car a look-at-me stance. The core Mercedes-Benz values of safety and reliability have been taken to new levels with 7 airbags, ESP, Acceleration Skid Control, electric parking brake, ABS, Brake Assist System, Attention Assist and Hill Start Assist. A Class is available in two engine options - an efficient 1.6 litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine and 2.2 litre, 4 cylinder diesel.

Nissan Terrano
The third car born out of the Renault-Nissan Alliance, the Nissan Terrano, is a rebadged Duster. However, Nissan has thrown in some standout styling cues into the Terrano that clearly differentiate it from the Duster. Looks may be subjective, but Terrano certainly scores over Duster in exterior design. Since the engines, transmissions and other mechanicals remain unchanged, the Terrano drives similar to Duster. Overall performance of the petrol and 85PS diesel motors is smooth and more than adequate, especially in light of the impressive fuel economy figures. In short, the Nissan Terrano comes with all virtues of the Duster, plus a little more.

New Honda CR-V
Although the 2013 Honda CR-V doesn’t come in diesel, the good news is that the car is now being assembled in India and prices have gone down by a whopping 2.7 lakh rupees. While the new CR-V’s structural design stays true to its roots, it flaunts a more sculpted body. The overall interior design of the new CR-V has been largely improved. Like Honda’s other i-VTEC engines, the 2.4 litre DOHC unit is a gem of an engine that revs with verve to 7000rpm where 190 PS is produced. This is 29 PS more than the outgoing model. Also available is a 2.0 litre SOHC i-VTEC that develops 156PS and 190 NM of torque. The CR-V has been among the SUVs that drive more like a sedan than an off-roader and the tradition continues in the fourth generation. Although the lack of a diesel engine is a major downside, the new CR-Vis selling at almost its full production capacity at 148 units thanks to the aggressive pricing.

Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG
Those desirous of a delightful amalgamation of performance and luxury coupled with everyday practicality need look no further than the Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG. The car’s ability to blend outrageous AMG performance with Mercedes comfort and a plush interior is surpassed by few cars in India. E63 AMG is armed with the AMG 5.5-litre V8 BITURBO engine with a displacement of 5461 cc. The eight-cylinder engine develops a peak output of 557bhp and a torque of 720 Nm, helping the car accelerate from standstill to 100 km/h in 4.2 seconds and on to a top speed of 250 km/h. The black interior of the E 63 AMG features grey contrasting topstitching on the AMG sports seats, the door centre panels, the door armrests and the centre console. As expected, the whole package doesn't come cheap. Prices for the E63 AMG start from Rs. 12,900,000, ex-Showroom Delhi.