Sabah

VIP
Nov 20, 2008
Peshawar
Walaikum salam Wrwb

I hope this Article may Help you Dear

Nikah conducted over the phone

As Salaamu Alaykum,

Nowadays when a guy and girl in different countries get engaged, it is extremely difficult to abstain from contact with each other, especially when the nikah is put to hold for a while. In such cases, it will be permissible to conduct their nikah over the phone if the procedure is done properly. This question was answered earlier this year:

Respected Brother in Islam,

Firstly, it is important to mention that there is no concept of engagement in Shari'ah. If the parties of the girl and boy agree that marriage should take place between them, they will still be non-mehram to each other until the actual nikah takes place. Any form of contact between them will not be permissible until then.

That being said, many times when both parties agree to have a marriage in the future, it is difficult for the girl and boy to control their desires and hold off all contact until the nikah, especially in cases when the nikah is delayed for a long period of time.

Shari'ah encourages having the nikah done as soon as possible for this very reason so that these types of instances may be avoided. If for some reason the nikah cannot take place until a later period, the boy and girl should then fast in order to control their nafs.

In principle, nikah conducted over the telephone is not permissible since it does not fulfill the criteria needed for acceptance. In order for nikah to take place, both ijaab (proposal) and qabool (acceptance) must take place in the presence of at least two witnesses. Even with the presence of witnesses, they will not be there to physically witness both the proposal and acceptance.

However, as an alternative, it will be permissible for you to appoint someone living in the country of the girl as an agent on your behalf to contract the marriage and to pronounce the proposal and acceptance on your behalf. For example, if you are person ‘a’, the girl is person ‘b’, and your appointed agent is person ‘c’, then ‘c’ will initiate the offer to ‘b’ on behalf of ‘a’. Person ‘c’ can address ‘b’ in words such as:

“Being an authorized agent of ‘a’, I marry ‘a’, son of so-and-so to you.”

Thereafter, ‘b’ will reply:

“I accepted this marriage.”

This process must take place in the presence of at least two Muslim, sane, mature male witnesses or one male and two female witnesses. This will be considered as a valid marriage contract and the boy and girl will be husband and wife according to Shari’ah.

(Al-Hidayah, 2/306, Maktabah Shirkah)
(Contemporary Fatawa, P. 132, Idara-e-Islamiat)

mirza37

Hot Shot
Jul 17, 2010
UAE ABU DHABI
walaikum salam wrwb

i hope this article may help you dear

nikah conducted over the phone

as salaamu alaykum,

nowadays when a guy and girl in different countries get engaged, it is extremely difficult to abstain from contact with each other, especially when the nikah is put to hold for a while. In such cases, it will be permissible to conduct their nikah over the phone if the procedure is done properly. This question was answered earlier this year:

Respected brother in islam,

firstly, it is important to mention that there is no concept of engagement in shari'ah. If the parties of the girl and boy agree that marriage should take place between them, they will still be non-mehram to each other until the actual nikah takes place. Any form of contact between them will not be permissible until then.

That being said, many times when both parties agree to have a marriage in the future, it is difficult for the girl and boy to control their desires and hold off all contact until the nikah, especially in cases when the nikah is delayed for a long period of time.

Shari'ah encourages having the nikah done as soon as possible for this very reason so that these types of instances may be avoided. If for some reason the nikah cannot take place until a later period, the boy and girl should then fast in order to control their nafs.

In principle, nikah conducted over the telephone is not permissible since it does not fulfill the criteria needed for acceptance. In order for nikah to take place, both ijaab (proposal) and qabool (acceptance) must take place in the presence of at least two witnesses. Even with the presence of witnesses, they will not be there to physically witness both the proposal and acceptance.

However, as an alternative, it will be permissible for you to appoint someone living in the country of the girl as an agent on your behalf to contract the marriage and to pronounce the proposal and acceptance on your behalf. For example, if you are person ‘a’, the girl is person ‘b’, and your appointed agent is person ‘c’, then ‘c’ will initiate the offer to ‘b’ on behalf of ‘a’. Person ‘c’ can address ‘b’ in words such as:

“being an authorized agent of ‘a’, i marry ‘a’, son of so-and-so to you.”

thereafter, ‘b’ will reply:

“i accepted this marriage.”

this process must take place in the presence of at least two muslim, sane, mature male witnesses or one male and two female witnesses. This will be considered as a valid marriage contract and the boy and girl will be husband and wife according to shari’ah.

(al-hidayah, 2/306, maktabah shirkah)
(contemporary fatawa, p. 132, idara-e-islamiat)
jazak alllah ,, nice reply,,

Reactions: ~Prince-Farry~

LKK

TM Star
Oct 24, 2010
KOB
Assalamoalaikum wrwb...
Wa-alycum-us-salam wrwb.

App ki baat sun kr buhat afsoos howa . May Almighty Allah SWT shows His mercy upon your family Ameen. App sadqa kiya karain ta ke jo musibat hy woh sadqa karny se khatam ho jati hy.

Now to the topic: Nikkah phone pr permissible nahi kiyonke nikah ke liyeh Ijab (proposal) or qabool (acceptance) hona zaroori hy chahy moulvi of witness moujood ho ya na hoon. Nikha ke liyeh Dulha, Dulhan, Moulvi or witness ka hona zaroori hy. Magar dour rehnay kis waja se agar dulha or dulhan ka Nikah mein shamil nahi ho saktain to us ka aik legal procedure hy jis ke base pr Nika karwa saktain hain or woh jaiz bhi hy.

Legal Procedure (In Hanafi & Shafi Madhahib):

Step 1: Dulhan, aik Power of Attorney (Mukhtar Nama ) or Affidavit (Halfiya biyan) dain. Power of Attorney mein woh kisi ko apna 'Wakeel' Muqarrar kary jo ke us larki ki jaga ja kr nikha karwa saky. Power of Attorney app ki embassy (saudia mein) se tasdeeq honi chahiyeh. Is ke baad woh Ministry of Islamic Affairs, Saudi Aarabia se or last mein Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Saudi Arabia se tasdeeq honi chahiyeh.

Step 2: Affidavit (halfiya biyan) mein larki likhay gi mein pehlay shadi shuda, talaf yafta, bewa etc ka zikar karygi jo ke same departments se tasdeeq hona chahiyeh.

Step 3: Larki ke parents bhi isi tarha Power of Attorney (Mukhtar Nama) or No Objection Certificate ba-qaida tasdeek howa lik kr deigain ke un ko koi ietaraz nahi hy agar un ke daughter ki shaadi fla fla se ho jay or jo wakeel muqarar kiya hy woh haq-mehar wagheera ty kary.

Step 4: Isi tarha dulha (larka) yeh tamaam kaghizat tyar karway or apni embassy or Ministry se tasdeek karwa ly. Phir Nikha Registrar ke pass register kr ly or baki jo qanooni mua'malat hotain hain woh puray kr ly.

Is tarha se Nikkah Jaiz hy. Agar app ko mazeed details chahiyeh to mujeh pm kr dain ya email kr dain. Mein Inshallah app ko puri tafseel bata sakta hoon. :)

NOTE: behatar hy k app kis aalim (Scholar) se pehlay tassali kr lain. Rest Allah SWT! know best
Book Weldock, Marriage (Nikah) - Sahih Bukhari Haidth No. 55
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar : 'Umar bin Al-Khattab said, "When Hafsa bint 'Umar became a widow after the death of (her husband) Khunais bin Hudhafa As-Sahmi who had been one of the companions of the Prophet, and he died at Medina. I went to 'Uthman bin 'Affan and presented Hafsa (for marriage) to him. He said, "I will think it over.' I waited for a few days, then he met me and said, 'It seems that it is not possible for me to marry at present.' " 'Umar further said, "I met Abu Bakr As-Siddique and said to him, 'If you wish, I will marry my daughter Hafsa to you." Abu Bakr kept quiet and did not say anything to me in reply. I became more angry with him than with 'Uthman. I waited for a few days and then Allah's Apostle asked for her hand, and I gave her in marriage to him. Afterwards I met Abu Bakr who said, 'Perhaps you became angry with me when you presented Hafsa to me and I did not give you a reply?' I said, 'Yes.' Abu Bakr said, 'Nothing stopped me to respond to your offer except that I knew that Allah's Apostle had mentioned her, and I never wanted to let out the secret of Allah's Apostle. And if Allah's Apostle had refused her, I would have accepted her.' "

Zakwan

_ZAKKY
TM Star
Nov 29, 2007
Canada
mein ne mufti sahab se khud maloom kiya tha tu unoh ne bataya k nikah hu jata hei. aur tareeqa woh hei jo sabah ne bataya hei. aur pakistan mein bhi bohat martaba aesa hota hei k nikah majid mein hota hei aur larki wahan maujood nahi hoti. us ki wajah yeh hei k larki kisi ko apna wakeel bana day aur us se kehday k mein is larkay se shadi per raazi hoon aur woh wakeel larkay aur 2 witness k samnay yeh baat kehday aur larka witnes ki majoodgi mein accept karlay tu nikah hu jaye ga. yeh baat mein aaj hi mufti sahab se poochi thi. ab aap mein se agar koi bhi kisi aalim se poochna chaiye tu pooch ley.

Zee Leo

~Leo ! The K!ng~
Banned
Aug 1, 2008
Karachi
Hmmm maine bhi suna hai ke phone pe nikkah ho jata tha but not confirm main kisi alim se poch ke batata hon PF aap ko :) and Allah behtar karey sub kuch aur aap ke mamu ko bhi sehat de Aameen

Toobi

dhondo gy molko molko milnay k nae,nayab hum..
Hot Shot
Aug 4, 2009
peshawar
no,waqas phone par nikkah nae hota,manay kud apnay bhai say b pochha hay,or manay MOLANA YOUSAF LODHYANIVE ki kitab APK MASAYEL OR UNKA HUL ki jild num 5 may page num 40 par b apki sawal ka ans deka hay k phone par nika drust nae,
lakin agay unho nay 1 tareqa biyan farmaya hay k'agar ase zarorat ho to telephon per ya letter k zarye boy apni taraf say kise ko wakeel bana day,or wo wakeel boy ki taraf say ayjab qabool kar lay,to nikah tab hojaye ga.
baqe Allah behtar janta hay,
ap waha kise mostanid allim say b zaror pochye ga,

Hoorain

*In search of Oyster Pearls*
VIP
Dec 31, 2009
A n3st!
waalaikum assalam

aap ki baat ka jawab to main theek se nhi de sakti muje to khud confirm nhi :(

ALLAH tala sab family k liye aasani farmayain aur behtari karain AAMEEN
aur aap k mamu ko sehat ata farmayain aur sab ko khushi

Reactions: ~Prince-Farry~