Problems in IELTS Exam

• Work-from-home

mike08

Jun 10, 2010
Hi folks,

I'm doing a research for my Doctorate of Education at La Trobe University, Melbourne, Australia.It's about the problems people are experiencing when taking IELTS test.

I badly needed your help and you can only help me by sharing your experience,comments and complaints about IELTS test.

Hope everyone who will read this will have a heart to share his experience.
It would be a great help.Thank you.

Regards,
mike

Reactions: Redvirus

Babar-Azam

"Be serious" - "I am wild"
TM Star
Jun 27, 2010
Abbottabad
Hello Mike! I want to Share About My own experience of giving IELTS Test . First Thing i have noticed that Its very difficult to manage time during test.and u know cells r not allowed in exam hall.Mostly Candidates don't know abt this and not everybody have watches.So its difficult for candidates to manage time.I think there should be a wall clock provided by the IELTS Staff. SO that candidates can manage time easily. 2nd problem is listening on big speakers mostly candidates feel difficult to understand.SO IELTS Staff Should Provide Headphones to every candidate SO that he can easily Understand the listening..Thats wt i have noticed during the test.....
REGARDS,
Babar Azam

mike08

Jun 10, 2010
Thank Babar for your comment. Here in Australia one also has to put up with loud speakers and not headphones like they do in India.
It is not just the poor acoustics which one has to put up with but if someone next to you coughs, many of those sitting around that person misses what was said.
I am also aware of there being only limited time to finish the test. The reason, I assume, is to make it difficult for candidates to translate back and forth between English and their native language.
Thanks Mike
However, saying this, I am surprised that there are no large clocks placed around the room.