• Work-from-home

Pari

(v)i§§· ßµølï ßµð£ï¨
VIP
Mar 20, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Movie Discussion - Describing a Movie
Didn't understand:

• "Do you remember the scene when Mary walked into the dining room? Why was she carrying a knife? She didn't use it and the cameras focused on it."
  • "I can't understand why she betrayed him. The whole movie concentrated on her trust and loyalty. It just doesn't make sense."

Good Scene:

• "I love the scene when Russell Crowe showed his face to the emperor after the first gladiator fight."
  • "What did you think about the last fight scene between Neo and Agent Smith in the rain?"
  • "The courtroom scene between Jodie Foster and Richard Gere was absolutely amazing."

Great Movie:

• "That was such a cool movie. It was the best movie I've seen in a long time."
  • "Anytime I see a great movie I tend to look at my watch often. That's because I don't want the movie to end."
  • "The movie was great. I liked everything about it. I'm definitely going to buy the dvd."

Situational questions:

• "What would you have done? Would you have taken the million dollars and give up your wife for a night?"
  • "Would you choose money and fame, or family and stability?"

Some movies are known to be 'based on a true story.' These types of movies are very interesting because they actually happened. The only reason they are not considered to be a non-fiction movie is because the director or writer will add some scenes that didn't happen, or change some facts around so the movie is more appealing to the masses.

A conversation can start from movies such as Schindler's List. When coming out of a theatre, I heard a couple talk briefly about this.

• "What did you think about the movie?"
  • "I thought it was great. It was very powerful."
  • "How much of it do you think was true?"
  • "I learned about Germany and World War II in one of my classes, and this movie showed everything I learned from class."
  • "Wow. It's amazing that these things have happened in our history."