Flavour of the Season

• Work-from-home

Pari

(v)i§§· ßµølï ßµð£ï¨
VIP
Mar 20, 2007
Toronto, Canada
To the common man, the name might not seem familiar, but for those keeping a tab on the international culinary scene, chef Vikas Khanna is someone they have heard of, appreciated and perhaps even looked up to. Soon television viewers in India will also get acquainted with Khanna, when he appears on Star Plus as the host and judge of season two of Masterchef India. Chefs Ajay Chopra and Kunal Kapoor, the “resident chefs” from the first season, will also join him.

Interestingly, Khanna will step into the role essayed by actor Akshay Kumar in the first season. Remarking on being the chosen one, Khanna, currently in New York, says, “I am honoured, surprised, nervous and tense. It’s absolutely the happiest moment of my life.”

For those not in the loop, Khanna started his own catering business, Lawrence Gardens, at the age of 17, in
Amritsar. He has studied at the Culinary Institute of America, Cornell University, and the prestigious Le Cordon Bleu. Today, he’s the executive chef of the highly acclaimed Junoon restaurant, a multi-million dollar project in New York.