England’s ‘world’s worst’ at penalty shoot-outs

• Work-from-home

Nelly

VIP
Sep 23, 2009
United Kingdom
England's exit to Italy on penalties at the European Championships was sadly predictable, but is there anyone worse in the world at shoot-outs?
There are some countries that have never won a penalty shoot-out, but if you limit the list to teams that have competed in at least three shoot-outs at major international tournaments then England do indeed have the worst record of the lot.
England have competed in seven penalty shoot-outs, winning just once, their quarter-final triumph against Spain in Euro '96 — a tournament they still exited on penalties against Germany in the very next round.
Four countries — Costa Rica, Gabon, UAE and Romania — have lost two from two in major championships, but of those involved in at least three England's 14% win record is the worst of the bunch.
The Netherlands come next having lost four of their five penalty shoot-outs while Italy's 38% record is still poor despite having beaten the English on Monday.
The three teams involved in the most penalty shoot-outs are Argentina (6-4), Brazil (6-4) and Mexico (4-6) with 10 each, while Germany (5-1) have a predictably impressive record.
The best shoot-out team have actually been Saudi Arabia, who have won all four of the major shoot-outs — although all of them came in the Asia Cup. The Czech Republic also have a perfect record but have only competed in three.
Ranking of teams' penalty shoot-out records in major championships (World Cup finals, Continental championship finals and Confederations Cup only) - three shoot-out minimum.

Reactions: Ghooost

NXXXS

~` Weird `~
Superior Member
Apr 24, 2012
but i dun think this team is ever gonna break any record, huh lazy bones:mad:
Don't worry n nvr diappoint like me :p
I nvr give up its my moto every defeat push me towards my goal ... Btw I luv ur anger :)

Prince-Farry

TM Champ
Mar 19, 2008
pata nai ...soccer ka itna nai janta mai :|
but jo bhi hai..england to worldcup mei bhi ati hai..pher bhi penalty shots mei unsuccessful..tauba...{(crazy})

NXXXS

~` Weird `~
Superior Member
Apr 24, 2012
Wow still online ... Kal chuti ka mood hai ?

NXXXS

~` Weird `~
Superior Member
Apr 24, 2012
But ur stay is longer than before ...
Anyway its gud to see here for more time :p

NXXXS

~` Weird `~
Superior Member
Apr 24, 2012
But ur stay is longer than before ...
Anyway its gud to see here for more time :p