Some Of My Fav Lines From "the Carpet People"

• Work-from-home

Fantasy

~ The Rebel
Hot Shot
Sep 13, 2011
"It is not for us to judge. But it is for us to distinguish, between the wrong done to us and equal wrong done by us."

“You don't have to chase around after creatures, Pismire had said. You watch them for long enough, and then you'll find the place to wait and they'll come to you. There's nearly always a better way of doing something.”

“Everywhere was connected to everywhere else.”

"We live, boys, in a world that will pass away. The shadows that candle throws upon the wall are as insubstantial as we are."

"I fervently hope that it is so, for who would judge God's mercy? But it is true, too, for the policeman: he may have been as plagued by guilt as his own murderer; he may have justified himself too; he may have refused sorrow and known no peace of mind; he may have forgiven himself or he may have been forgiven by the God."

"If we destroy it in another, we destroy it in ourselves."

"The judge is God. The law is God's law, and the issue at stake is your immortal soul."

-The Carpet People by Terry Pratchett

Elif

Jannat
TM Star
Apr 17, 2013
"It is not for us to judge. But it is for us to distinguish, between the wrong done to us and equal wrong done by us."

“You don't have to chase around after creatures, Pismire had said. You watch them for long enough, and then you'll find the place to wait and they'll come to you. There's nearly always a better way of doing something.”

“Everywhere was connected to everywhere else.”

"We live, boys, in a world that will pass away. The shadows that candle throws upon the wall are as insubstantial as we are."

"I fervently hope that it is so, for who would judge God's mercy? But it is true, too, for the policeman: he may have been as plagued by guilt as his own murderer; he may have justified himself too; he may have refused sorrow and known no peace of mind; he may have forgiven himself or he may have been forgiven by the God."

"The judge is God. The law is God's law, and the issue at stake is your immortal soul."

-The Carpet People by Terry Pratchett
abhi tak nhi parhi ye wali =_=

Kavi

Super Star
Oct 30, 2015
Dubai

My fav from your fav :)

Reactions: Fantasy