Rain: A blessing from allah

• Work-from-home

Sabah

VIP
Nov 20, 2008
Peshawar
RAIN: A BLESSING FROM ALLAH

Surah Nahl: 11-12

He it is Who sendeth down water from the sky, whence ye have drink, and whence are trees on which ye send your beasts to pasture. (10) Therewith He causeth crops to grow for you, and the olive and the date-palm and grapes and all kinds of fruit. Lo! herein is indeed a portent for people who reflect. (11)

TAFSEER BY DR FARHAT HASHMI

Allah Subhanataala has sent down water for you…………even when it goes to the animals and vegetation it eventually gets to you and nourishes you. The vegetation, which grows by being, fed the water there is subsistence for you and to feed your animals
This mention about the rain is to remind us that it is a source of life for most living things on earth.
Even the sources underground like the wells and lakes are from the rain that Allah Subhanawataala sends down from the skies.

Allah Subhanawataala says in the Quran:

Surah Abasa 80: 24-32

Let man consider his food: (24) How We pour water in showers (25) Then split the earth in clefts (26) And cause the grain to grow therein (27) And grapes and green fodder (28) And olive-trees and palm-trees (29) And garden-closes of thick foliage (30) And fruits and grasses: (31) Provision for you and your cattle. (32)

Rain brings us the Naimah (blessing) of the crops ……….It is He (Subhanawataala who grows from the earth all kinds of vegetation's and fruits. In all these growths from the earth is a sign for those who reflect and research.

The cycle of life nurtured by the rain, the water of which is half inside the earth and half over the earth is universally a source of nurturer. It is used for plants, animals and all living beings whether it is from the open air as rain or on the earth as lakes or absorbed by the roots of plants which are underground.

Thus from something as simple and plain like the dirt on the earth and air and water which are color less and tasteless comes the beauty of colors taste and textures of fruits vegetables, and flowers both with and without fragrance. Thought the source and nurturer is the same for all but each growth has its own particular characteristic.

This is the naimah (blessing) of Allah to His creatures and there are significant signs in it for those who reflect.

Invocation for when it thunders

[SIZE=+1]168. Subhaanal-lathee yusabbihur-ra'du bihamdihi walmalaa'ikatu min kheefatihi.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Glory is to Him Whom thunder and angels glorify due to fear of Him.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]
[/SIZE]

Reference: Whenever Abdullah bin Zubair (RA) would hear thunder, he would abandon all conversation and say this supplication. See Al-Muwatta' 2/992. It was graded authentic by Al-Albani as a statement of Abdullah bin Zubayr only.

Invocation for when it rains

172. Allaahumma sayyiban naafi'an
O Allah , (bring) beneficial rain clouds.
Reference: Al-Bukhari, cf. Al-Asqalani, Fathul-Bari 2/518.

Invocation for the withholding of the rain

174. Allaahumma hawaalaynaa wa laa 'alaynaa. Allaahumma 'alal-'aakaami wadh-dhiraabi, wa butoonil-'awdiyati, wa manaabitish-shajari.
O Allah , let it pass us and not fall upon us , but upon the hills and mountains, and the center of the valleys , and upon the forested lands.
Reference: Al-Bukhari 1/224, Muslim 1/614

Best Times to make Dua (Supplication)

During The Rain

Narrated Sahel Ibn Saad (RA): that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said: "Two will not be rejected, Supplication when the Adhan (call of prayer) is being called, and at the time of the rain". [Al-Hakim 2: 114, and Abu Dawud #2540, ibn Majah]

Seek the response to your duas when the armies meet, and the prayer is called, and when rain falls [reported by Imam al-Shafi in al-Umm, al-Sahihah #1469].

The time of the rain is a time of mercy from Allah (SWT) so, one should take advantage of this time when Allah (SWT) is having mercy on His slaves.

Coming to Mosque on a Wet Rainy / Muddy day ?

Volume 1, Book 11, Number 605: Sahih Bukhari
Narrated Nafi:
Once in a cold night, Ibn Umar pronounced the Adhan for the prayer at ,Dajnan (the name of a mountain) and then said, "Pray at your homes", and informed us that Allahs Apostle used to tell the Muadhdin to pronounce Adhan and say, "Pray at your homes" at the end of the Adhan on a rainy or a very cold night during the journey."

Volume 1, Book 11, Number 635: Sahih Bukhari
Narrated Nafi:
Once on a very cold and stormy night, Ibn Umar pronounced the Adhan for the prayer and then said, "Pray in your homes." He (Ibn 'Umar) added. "On very cold and rainy nights Allah's Apostle used to order the Muadhdhin to say, Pray in your homes. "

Volume 1, Book 11, Number 637: Sahih Bukhari
Narrated Abdullah bin Al-Harith:
Ibn Abbas addressed us on a (rainy and) muddy day and when the Muadh-dhin said, "Come for the prayer" Ibn Abbas ordered him to say, "Pray in your homes." The people began to look at one another with surprise as if they did not like it.

Ibn Abbas said, "It seems that you thought ill of it but no doubt it was done by one who was better than I (i.e. the Prophet). It (the prayer) is a strict order and I disliked to bring you out."

Ibn Abbas narrated the same as above but he said, "I did not like you to make you sinful (in refraining from coming to the mosque) and to come (to the mosque) covered with mud up to the knees."

for precautions in rainy weather you can refer to my posted thread:

http://www.tafrehmela.com/health-care/163980-how-cope-illnesses-during-rainy-season.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Share this POST with maximum number of people you can.
Guiding one soul to knowledge and faith
is a momentous achievement.
It is what will earn us great blessings, Insha Allah!

May Allah accept this little service from us!
(Allahumma-Aameen)

Please take a moment to forgive me for all mistakes
and make du`a' for me if you have received anything of benefit.

Jazak Allahu khairan !!!

-Sabah
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

saviou

Aug 23, 2009
subhan Allah
bohot hi umdah sharing mohtarma
Allah apko jaza e khair de Aameen

beshak barish Allah ki taraf se rehmat hai aur isse sirf zameen hi nahi balke zameen par rehna wale har jeev ko khushi milti hai aur agar issi Allah ki zameen par agar Allah ka haq aada na kiya jaye Allah k kanoon ki na farmani ki jaye to phir Allah issi barish se us qaum par un nafarmano par apna azab bhi barsata hai

Allah hame apni rehmat k saye me lele aur tere farman k mutabik apni zindagi guzarne ki taufeeq de Aameen

Sabah

VIP
Nov 20, 2008
Peshawar
subhan Allah
bohot hi umdah sharing mohtarma
Allah apko jaza e khair de Aameen

beshak barish Allah ki taraf se rehmat hai aur isse sirf zameen hi nahi balke zameen par rehna wale har jeev ko khushi milti hai aur agar issi Allah ki zameen par agar Allah ka haq aada na kiya jaye Allah k kanoon ki na farmani ki jaye to phir Allah issi barish se us qaum par un nafarmano par apna azab bhi barsata hai

Allah hame apni rehmat k saye me lele aur tere farman k mutabik apni zindagi guzarne ki taufeeq de Aameen
Suma Ameen
JazakAllah Khair sahi femrya aapne..
per yaha pe ek hadith hain jess mei bayan hue hain k jub barish ho tu namaz ghero mei ada kero.. tu us se related aap kia kahuge kio k masjid mei namaz parhna Islam mei buhut ahem hain aur yeh humne pahli baar suna hain k namaz ghero mei ada kare jub barish ho tu es bare mei aap kuch info de...

Reactions: Dreamy Boy

saviou

Aug 23, 2009

Suma Ameen
JazakAllah Khair sahi femrya aapne..
per yaha pe ek hadith hain jess mei bayan hue hain k jub barish ho tu namaz ghero mei ada kero.. tu us se related aap kia kahuge kio k masjid mei namaz parhna Islam mei buhut ahem hain aur yeh humne pahli baar suna hain k namaz ghero mei ada kare jub barish ho tu es bare mei aap kuch info de...
jee ye bilkul sahi hadees hai aur ye khaas hukm hai jab tezi se barish ho aur bahar jane se khatra ho to ghar me hi namaz padhni chahiye aur jab toofan ho jaise k hadees me zikr hai tab bhi ghar me hi namaz aada ki jayegi kyun k hamne khud yahan dekha hai jab kabhi barish ho ya toofan aaye to bahar nikalna mumkin nahi hota waise me jab namaz ka waqt hojaye to ghar me hi aada karni chahiye

ye Islam hai fitri deen jo ke hamare liye Allah ne asaan bana diya hai har mamle me Allah k Rasul sallellahu alayhiwasallam ne hame rehnumai ki hai aur khud karke bata kar gaye hain subhan Allah

umeed hai apko wazahat hogayi hogi inshaAllah

Reactions: Dreamy Boy

Sabah

VIP
Nov 20, 2008
Peshawar

jee ye bilkul sahi hadees hai aur ye khaas hukm hai jab tezi se barish ho aur bahar jane se khatra ho to ghar me hi namaz padhni chahiye aur jab toofan ho jaise k hadees me zikr hai tab bhi ghar me hi namaz aada ki jayegi kyun k hamne khud yahan dekha hai jab kabhi barish ho ya toofan aaye to bahar nikalna mumkin nahi hota waise me jab namaz ka waqt hojaye to ghar me hi aada karni chahiye

ye Islam hai fitri deen jo ke hamare liye Allah ne asaan bana diya hai har mamle me Allah k Rasul sallellahu alayhiwasallam ne hame rehnumai ki hai aur khud karke bata kar gaye hain subhan Allah

umeed hai apko wazahat hogayi hogi inshaAllah
JazakAllah Khair
buhut shukriya info dene k lie ab ache se samajh aye....

~Bahaar~

Dec 22, 2009
Beautiful sharing....................
Allah ki kin kin nematon ko thukraoge?
Jazak Allah khair siss