Nabeel [Profile]

• Work-from-home

Pari

(v)i§§· ßµølï ßµð£ï¨
VIP
Mar 20, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Nabeel Talented, creative & attractive big star of the mini screen. He started acting as a hobby and now amoung the leading acotrs of Pakistan. Success story "Dhuaan" to Thori Khushi Thora Ghum"....

What's your zodiac sign / date of birth / Qualification?
Virgo / 1st Sept 19__(that’s for you to guess) / M.A Economics .

When did you enter the field. Year ?
I started in the year 1991-1992.

Your first performance ?
I first time worked for a Lahore TV play Ajj Ki Kahani. It was a Punjabi play.

How did you enter this field ?
I never planned to take up acting as a profession. I just landed here by chance and I am enjoying it to the hilt.

Most memorable performance ?
There isn’t once, but many. Din in 1992, Dhuan in 1994, Alao in 1994, Ajaib Khana in 1996 and Ansoo in 2000. All these plays won me high critical accolades and they all fetched many prestigious awards.

Is there any other artist in your family?
No. I am the only one in showbiz.

Is acting a hobby or a profession for you or any other profession?
I took it up as a hobby. It is a profession now .
Which places have you been to for your shootings or vacations
I have seen all of Pakistan, Holland, France, U.K, America and Malaysia.

Who do you look up to in the field of acting?
Al-Pacino, Kevin Costner, Marlen Brando etc..

Did you pursue any proper training before you embarked on your career on mini screen, or like everybody else here, you also groomed your skills observing your seniors
Ayab khawar, Iqbal Ansari, Tariq Jamil, Kazim Pasha, I owe it to them groom my acting skills. I have also worked very hard at polishing myself. But I have taken formal training for T.V direction.

If you weren’t an actor, what would you have been ?
My mother always wanted me to become a doctor, while I had always wished to be do M.B.A. So I could have been either of the two had I not been in acting.

Yours own favourite performance/s ?
Alao, Ajaib Khana and Badloon Par Baseyra.

Do you enjoy your field ?
Definitely I do. That’s why I have stuck around here for a decade now.

Are you satisfied with where you stand today, or do you crave for more?

I think I have a long way to go. There’s still so much that I want to do.

People you like to work with ?
I like to work most with Iqbal Ansari, Yasir Akhter and Noor-ul-Huda Shah.

How many plays you have done so far ?

Around 10 long plays, 10 independent and up to 20 serials. There are some more in the pipeline.

What would you attribute as the secret of your success ?

My mother’s prayers.

Did you ever give films a try ?
Yes I have performed only in one Lollywood film called Khata back in 1993. Actress Kushboo played my female lead. Unfortunately the film flopped. I never felt comfortable working in the film industry. I don’t think I would want to go back to films ever again.

Whom do you call a good artist ?

Moin Akhtar, Talat Hussain, Bushra Ansari, Firdous Jamal, Arifa Siddique, and Humayun Saeed.

Does your family life get effected because of your erratic schedules as an actor ?
I don’t let my personal life suffer because of professional pressures and vice versa. Both these aspects of my life are going great and I am happy with the balance.

Do you think you are a good husband ?
(Smiles) Ask my wife. I am totally loyal to her and I think she is happy with me.

Was yours an arranged or a love marriage ?
It was a mix of both. I was on my shooting abroad when I met her.

What in your opinion works the best, love or arranged marriage ?
I believe that it has to be the mix of both.

Would you like anyone from your family to join showbiz.
It’s a great field. I have no problems if anyone from my family want to give it a try. It’s, however, up to the person who wants to join it.

What are your leisure time activities ?

I love literature. I read a lot of Urdu poetry. I also work out to stay fit.

Any piece of advice to the new entrants in the field.
My advice to all those, who want to join this field, is to complete their studies first. They should first see whether they have enough capabilities, patience and devotion to become an actor.

Your most memorable scene.

My death scene in the drama called Dhuaan. I got immense response for my act. People actually took it very seriously. I received so many phone calls, from fans all over the country, asking why I died in the play.

Your favourite singer ?
I love most semi classical so I love to listen Sajjad Ali, Nusrat Fateh Ali, Najam Sheraz. In western music, I like Whitney Houston, Celine Dion, Back Streets Boys and George Michael.

Your favourite colour ?
Black & white, military green and camel.

Your favorite dish ?

Sabzi chicken.

Which dish do you think you can best cook ?
I can cock best Karhai goosht.

Describe yourself in three words ?
Sensitive, caring and a good self-critic.

Future plans
“Hazaroon khwaishin hain”. I would like to give direction a shot. I shall see if it gives me the creative satisfaction. If it does then I shall continue, otherwise I will call it quits

Reactions: nrbhayo