HIJAMA (cupping) in Islam

• Work-from-home

Seemab_khan

ღ ƮɨƮŁɨɨɨ ღ
Dec 7, 2012
✮hმΓἶρυΓ, ρმκἶჰནმῆ✮
Assalam o alaikum wrwrb ...

Wet Cupping (Hijama) is one of the remedies from the sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wasallam). Not only did he have hijama performed on himself, but he also recommended it as a beneficial treatment for various ailments.

Note that even though the various forms and methods of Cupping are beneficial, only wet cupping (hijama) is a remedy from the sunnah.

Below are some narrations from the sunnah of the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) that relate to Hijama therapy:

Narrated ibn Abbas that the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) said: I did not pass by an assembly of Angels on the night that I was taken on the night journey (lailatul israa), except that all of them said to me: Oh Muhammad, upon you is Cupping (You should have cupping performed). (Sunan ibn Majah 3477)

Narrated Anas bin Malik (radiyallahu anhu) that the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) said: I did not pass by an assembly of Angels on the night that I was taken on the night journey (lailatul israa), except that they said: Oh Muhammad, order your nation with Cupping (to use cupping as a treatment). (Sunan ibn Majah 3479)

Narrated Jabir (radiyallahu anhu) that Umm Salamah (wife of the Prophet sallallahu alaihi wasallam) sought permission from the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) to have Cupping performed on her. So the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) ordered Abu Taibah to cup her. He said: I assumed that he was her brother from breast feeding or he was a boy under the age of puberty. (Sunan ibn Majah 3480)

Narrated Jabir (radiyallahu anhu) when he returned to Muqanna’ he said: I will not leave until to treat yourself with Cupping. For indeed I heard the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) saying: Indeed there is a cure in it (in Cupping). (Sahih Muslim 2205)

Narrated ibn Abbas (radiyallahu anhu), the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) said: there is a cure in three things: in the slash of the cupper or drinking honey or cauterization with fire, and I forbid my nation from cauterisation. (Sahih Al-Bukhari 5681)

Benefits of Hijama mentioned in Islam:

Many benefits of Hijama Therapy are mentioned in the Sunnah of Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wasallam). Not only did the Prophet use Hijama Therapy for specific ailments, he also promoted it for overall health and as a preventative measure.

Below are some narrations of the Prophets (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) mentioning the benefits of using Hijama Therapy:

Narrated Ibn Abbas: That the Messenger of Allahs was treated with Cupping on his head while he was in ihram due to a migraine that he had. (Sahih Al-Bukhari 5701)

Narrated Anas (radiyallahu anhu), that the Prophet (sallahu alaihi wasallam) used to get treated with cupping on the two jugular veins and the upper part of the back. He used to get treated with cupping on the 17th and 19th and the 21st. (Jami’ at-Tirmidhi 2051)

Narrated Jabir (radiyallahu anhu) that the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) fell off from his horse onto a trunk (of a tree), so his foot became dislocated. Waki’ said: meaning that the Prophet was treated with Cupping on it because of a contusion. (Sunan ibn Majah 3485)

Narrated Anas ibn Malik (radiyallahu anhu) that the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) said: Whoever wants to be treated with Cupping let him search for the 17th or the 19th or the 21st. And do not let your blood become hyperaemic (becomes excessive/boil/rage) so that it kills you. (Sunan ibn Majah 3486)

Narrated Jabir (radiyallahu anhu) that the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) was treated with Cupping on his hip because of a sprain/bruise he suffered from. (Sunan Abu Dawud 3863)

Narrated Salma (radiyallahu anhaa), the servant of the messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam): There was no one who complained to the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) of a headache except he would say to him: Get treated with Cupping. And neither a pain in the legs except he would say: dye them (with Henna). (Sunan Abu Dawud 3858)

Narrated Jabir (radiyallahu anhu) when he returned to Muqanna’ he said: I will not leave until to treat yourself with Cupping. For indeed I heard the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) saying: Indeed there is a cure in it (in Cupping). (Sahih Muslim 2205)

Seemab_khan

ღ ƮɨƮŁɨɨɨ ღ
Dec 7, 2012
✮hმΓἶρυΓ, ρმκἶჰནმῆ✮
@Don @saviou @Shiraz-Khan @shehr-e-tanhayi @Hoorain @RedRose64
@Aaylaaaaa @minaahil @Umm-e-ahmad @H@!der @khalid_khan @Untamed-Heart @Sehar_Khan
@duaabatool @Armaghankhan @zaryaab-irtiza @DiLkash @seemab_khan @Mahen @Masha
@Cyra @Kavi @rooja @Aaidah @BeautyRose @Gaggan @hasandawar @AnadiL @Prince-Farry
@Hasii @Masha @Bird-Of-Paradise @Besharam @shzd @hinakhan0 @zehar @bilal_ishaq_786
@Belahadi @Manahi007 @BeautyRose @ujalaa @*Sonu* @Guriyaa_Ranee @illusionist
@sonu-unique @shahijutt @ujalaa @Layla @Fantasy @Babar-Azam @AM_ @Princess_Nisa
@Shanzykhan @sweet bhoot @NXXXS @IceCream @zahra1234 @AnadiL @Basitkikhushi
@Pari @whiteros @namaal @Abid Mahmood @Iceage-TM @Toobi @i love sahabah @Zunaira_Gul
@NamaL @Fa!th @MSC @yoursks @thefire1 @nighatnaseem21 @Fanii @naazii @Miss_Tittli
@junaid_ak47 @Guriya_Rani @Azeyy @Gul-e-lala @maryamtaqdeesmo @HorrorReturns
@shzd @p3arl @Atif-adi @Lost Passenger @marzish @Pakhtoon @candy @Asma_tufail
@Rubi @Tariq Saeed @Mas00m-DeVil @Wafa_Khan @amazingcreator @marib @Raat ki Rani
@Ghazal_Ka_Chiragh @Binte_Hawwa @sweet_c_kuri @sabha_khan40 @Masoom_girl @hariya
@Aayat @italianVirus @Ziddi_anGel @sabeha @attiya @Princess_E @Asheer @aira_roy
@shailina @maanu115 @Dua001 @pyaridua @xortica_ @DesiGirl @huny @AshirFrhan
@Rahath @Shireen @zonii @Noor_Afridi @sweet bhoot @Lightman @Noorjee @hafaz
@Bela @LuViSh @aribak @BabyDoll @Silent_tear_hurt @gulfishan @Manxil @arzi_zeest
@errorsss @diya. @isma33 @hashmi_jan @smarty_dollie @Era_Emaan @mashooma
@saimaaaaaaa @Nighaat @crystal_eyez @Mantasha_Zawaar @zaatzarra @reality
@Hudx @Stunning_beauty @Zia_Hayderi @Fadiii @Aqsh_Arch @St0rm @Museebat

H@!der

Super Star
Feb 22, 2012
Assalam o alaikum wrwrb ...

Wet Cupping (Hijama) is one of the remedies from the sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wasallam). Not only did he have hijama performed on himself, but he also recommended it as a beneficial treatment for various ailments.

Note that even though the various forms and methods of Cupping are beneficial, only wet cupping (hijama) is a remedy from the sunnah.

Below are some narrations from the sunnah of the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) that relate to Hijama therapy:

Narrated ibn Abbas that the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) said: I did not pass by an assembly of Angels on the night that I was taken on the night journey (lailatul israa), except that all of them said to me: Oh Muhammad, upon you is Cupping (You should have cupping performed). (Sunan ibn Majah 3477)

Narrated Anas bin Malik (radiyallahu anhu) that the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) said: I did not pass by an assembly of Angels on the night that I was taken on the night journey (lailatul israa), except that they said: Oh Muhammad, order your nation with Cupping (to use cupping as a treatment). (Sunan ibn Majah 3479)

Narrated Jabir (radiyallahu anhu) that Umm Salamah (wife of the Prophet sallallahu alaihi wasallam) sought permission from the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) to have Cupping performed on her. So the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) ordered Abu Taibah to cup her. He said: I assumed that he was her brother from breast feeding or he was a boy under the age of puberty. (Sunan ibn Majah 3480)

Narrated ibn Abbas (radiyallahu anhu), the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) said: there is a cure in three things: in the slash of the cupper or drinking honey or cauterization with fire, and I forbid my nation from cauterisation. (Sahih Al-Bukhari 5681)

Benefits of Hijama mentioned in Islam:

Many benefits of Hijama Therapy are mentioned in the Sunnah of Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wasallam). Not only did the Prophet use Hijama Therapy for specific ailments, he also promoted it for overall health and as a preventative measure.

Below are some narrations of the Prophets (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) mentioning the benefits of using Hijama Therapy:

Narrated Ibn Abbas: That the Messenger of Allahs was treated with Cupping on his head while he was in ihram due to a migraine that he had. (Sahih Al-Bukhari 5701)

Narrated Anas (radiyallahu anhu), that the Prophet (sallahu alaihi wasallam) used to get treated with cupping on the two jugular veins and the upper part of the back. He used to get treated with cupping on the 17th and 19th and the 21st. (Jami’ at-Tirmidhi 2051)

Narrated Jabir (radiyallahu anhu) that the Prophet (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) fell off from his horse onto a trunk (of a tree), so his foot became dislocated. Waki’ said: meaning that the Prophet was treated with Cupping on it because of a contusion. (Sunan ibn Majah 3485)

Narrated Anas ibn Malik (radiyallahu anhu) that the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) said: Whoever wants to be treated with Cupping let him search for the 17th or the 19th or the 21st. And do not let your blood become hyperaemic (becomes excessive/boil/rage) so that it kills you. (Sunan ibn Majah 3486)

Narrated Jabir (radiyallahu anhu) that the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) was treated with Cupping on his hip because of a sprain/bruise he suffered from. (Sunan Abu Dawud 3863)

Narrated Salma (radiyallahu anhaa), the servant of the messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam): There was no one who complained to the Messenger of Allah (sallallahu alaihi wasallam) of a headache except he would say to him: Get treated with Cupping. And neither a pain in the legs except he would say: dye them (with Henna). (Sunan Abu Dawud 3858)

Walikum Salaam.. JazakALLAH

Reactions: Seemab_khan

Shiraz-Khan

Super Magic Jori
Hot Shot
Oct 27, 2012
do you feel any difference ?
aisa wesa... bhai thakan chirchirapan... or halka pholka pain jo susti jesa hota wo foran chala jata.. light feel hota hey.... 2nd exercise ki wajase mere back per pain agaya tha wo pain foran chala gaya tha MASHA'ALLAAH.. or ussey b bara issue cervical spine ka hua tha... jisme neck or back k mid jo backbone me disk hoti wo thori press hogae thi or us wajase mera nerve compression hogaya tha.. pain aisa tha k Allaah ki panah... wo pain hijama se aisa gaya k Alhamdulillaah pir nae hua... baki physiotherapy or Pak tour mey hiking sey wo disk apni jaga per agae...

mey ne apne jitne dostun ko b mashwara dia.. wo ab MASHA'ALLAAH lagwate rehte hen

Reactions: Seemab_khan