Hajj Hajj (pilgrimage To The Ka'bah)

• Work-from-home

Aks_

~ ʍɑno BɨLii ~
Hot Shot
Aug 2, 2012
Hajj(Pilgrimage to the Ka'bah)
Background of Hajj (Pilgrimage to Ka’bah)
Literal meanings of the word Hajj means to set out for a place. In Islamic context, Hajjmeans to set out for a pilgrimage to the Ka’bah.

Hajj (Pilgrimage to theKa’bah) is a Fard (Compulsory) Ibadah (Act of worship) and an important religious duty like establishing Salah (Prayer), observing Sawm (Fasting) and paying Zakah (Poor Due Charity).

Salah (Prayers) is offered five times a day, Sawm (Fasting) is observed for one month every year in the month of Ramadan (Ninth month of the Islamic calendar), Zakah (Poor Due Charity) is to be paid to the poor and needy, every year, on one’s savings and possessions.

Hajj, the annual pilgrimage to the Ka’bah, falls in the month of Dhul Hijjah (Twelfth month of the Islamic calendar).
Every adult Muslim must go for Hajj (Pilgrimage to theKa’bah) at least once in their lifetime, if they can afford the expenses and the rigors of the journey.

In it are manifest signs (for example), the Maqam (place) of Ibrahim (Abraham); whosoever enters it, he attains security. And Hajj (pilgrimage to Makkah) to the House (Ka'bah) is a duty that mankind owes to Allah, those who can afford the expenses (for one's conveyance, provision and residence); and whoever disbelieves [i.e. denies Hajj (pilgrimage to Makkah), then is a disbeliever of Allah]. then Allah stands not in need of any of the 'Alamin (mankind, jinn and all that exists).’Surah (Chapter) Al-‘Imran (The family of ‘Imran)Qur-an 3:97

And perform properly (i.e. all the ceremonies according to the ways of Prophet Muhammad S), the Hajj and 'Umrah (i.e. the pilgrimage to Makkah) for Allah. But if you are perevented (from completing them), sacrifice a Hady (animal, i.e. a sheep, a cow, or a camel) such as you can afford, and do not shave your heads until the Hadyreaches the place of sacrifice. And whosoever of you is ill or has an ailment in his scalp (necessitating shaving), he must pay a Fidyah (ransom) of either observingSaum (fasts) (three days) or giving Sadaqah (charity-feeding six poor persons) or offering sacrifice (one sheep). Then if you are in safety and whosoever perform the 'Umrah in the months of Hajj, before (performing) the Hajj, (i.e. Hajj-at-Tamattu' and Al-Qiran), he must slaughter a Hady such as he can afford, but if he cannot afford it, he should observe Saum (fasts) three days during the Hajj and seven days after his return (to his home), making ten days in all. This is for him whose family is not present a Al-Masjid-Al-haram (i.e. non-resident of Makkah). And fear Allah much and know that Allah is Severe in punishment.
Surah (Chapter) Al-Baqarah (The Cow) Qur-an 2:196
Hajj (Pilgrimage to the Ka’bah) and ‘Umrah (Lesser Pilgrimage to the Ka’bah) can also be performed during the same trip to Makkah.

@huny @zaatzarra @aira_roy