Fire In Text

• Work-from-home

amazingcreator

Rida Rehman
TM Star
Aug 9, 2013
ok then
I suggest buying a second, spinning disk for your system, then move Photoshop's scratch operations onto it, along with data files, etc. You should have at least tens of gigabytes free on your C: drive for your system to be healthy.

Another option, depending on your system's capability, is to get another drive the size of your C: drive and create a RAID 0 arrangement with them. This both doubles capacity and throughput. Windows isn't going to get any smaller!

Nazir_12

Feb 12, 2012
ok then
I suggest buying a second, spinning disk for your system, then move Photoshop's scratch operations onto it, along with data files, etc. You should have at least tens of gigabytes free on your C: drive for your system to be healthy.

Another option, depending on your system's capability, is to get another drive the size of your C: drive and create a RAID 0 arrangement with them. This both doubles capacity and throughput. Windows isn't going to get any smaller!

THANKS I WILL CHECK

amazingcreator

Rida Rehman
TM Star
Aug 9, 2013
The free space on your hard drive can be used as working memory (supplementing RAM) if there isn't enough RAM to do what you're trying to do. Mac OS X does this by growing its virtual memory swap files. Photoshop has its own virtual memory which grows on top of what Mac OS X does. If you don't have enough RAM for the kind of edits you're doing, and especially if it's a large image with layers, your disk space can go quickly.

OK so the figures you added, is that before or after you open Photoshop? And also how much RAM do you have installed?

Also it can build up over time, as in the two hours you were working. One thing you can do is keep a Finder window open in the background and check the free space at the bottom as you work, to see how fast 27GB turns into 0GB free.

u can see this also

Reactions: Nazir_12

Nazir_12

Feb 12, 2012
ok then

ITS RIGHT IT WAS MAKING PROBLEM