ASAD Malik [Profile]

• Work-from-home

Pari

(v)i§§· ßµølï ßµð£ï¨
VIP
Mar 20, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Asad, an actor who is been known for portraying negative, angry young men roles is always out of the media for unknown reasons. For about a decade in the showbiz now, but he is still unknown to many.

Which play do you think made you famous?
I think that was Ansoo, Thori Khushi Thora Gham, Mom Ka Chehra and Kanch Ke par.

How you felt like working with Ansoo team in Thori Khishi Thora Ghum?
We had a very good association and we made a very good team. They were very co-operative and much understanding towards me, the best 1 think about them was that they do prompt payment.
Is their any particular reason that you have not been able to come up with such a good performance as in Dasht?
As far as Dasht is concerned, it was the best play and I can bet that there was no play like that. Some plays get the importance and they get it anyway.
Describe your role in Dard Ke Faslay?
It is one of the plays in which I have a very good role. It is some what better than the rest of the plays that I have recently done, the story is about a doctor who gets involved in a patient's daughter. This is somewhat a change play then the ongoing plays. I am relying much on it.
What criteria you make while choosing your roles?
I am very much choosy about my work and that is why while accepting a role, I look for the role and the payment, if that satisfies me then I accept the serial. Money is the prime criteria.
Is payment the major factor for you?
That’s simple, I am not out to do the fun Ki Kidhmat. If I am working then I must be paid.

How many projects do you take at a time?
I don’t take many projects at a time. I only take one at a time and fully concentrate on it. I can’t handle a lot of them at a time.. In that manner I can keep the quality in my work.

Your expectations from your work and from people?
I never compromise on my work I am determined to do anything for that. But I never expect anything in return. If I can jump in a river in December for the shooting, then I can do anything.

Tell us about your film experience?
My experience was very bad to say the least. They want that every one must work free of cost. There are many who are even owners of studios but when it comes paying they refuse. They must learn from their mistakes.
Any challenging character you want to play?
Being honest, I don't like to go for some challenging role that is too much difficult, I am happy with the characters that I am portraying. I don't want to put some special effort for some character.
For last couple of years you are making random appearance in Karachi plays?
Karachi plays are well produced as they are quite professional in their approach. They work better than the Lahore people. In Lahore, we have to ask money from them, they never think that some one else has to eat.
What about the quality factor in our recent plays and why the drama is losing its standards?
Quality is getting down day by day and the reason is that we compromise on it. Firstly, we had drama but now we have entertainment. Now there are no emotions involved in any thing. That is the basic reason why the standard is getting down.
Then how can we uplift the standard of plays?
We can’t uplift the standard as there is no system. We are hard working but we take our efforts in other things when we will device a method for any thing then our standard would be uplifted.

What makes you different from other showbiz people?
I have my own school of thought and that may be different from the rest. I do my own work, some times it turns out to be very good and sometimes it is bad.

Your experience and ideas about our directors?
I have worked with so many directors Well, being very fare with all the directors, I think that Zulfiqar Sheikh needs to learn a lot. He doesn’t know technical things and camera handling. Faheem Burney is a very nice person but is not a director at all. Technically speaking, he even doesn’t know the ABC of the direction. Javed Fazil is quite good while Ayub Khawer and Nusrat Thakur are the best among LTV lot while Ali Rizvi is better than the rest in KTV.

Your hobby?
I love guns and shooting. Whenever I am free I do shooting. I have a complete shooting range on the rooftop of my house.

Your plus and negatives points.
I am extremely straight forward and frank. I can't bear wrong things and lies. I can't bare those people who like to be extra smart. I don't deceive any one and don’t pretend.

Any future plans?
I never plan my future, when ever I will be free, I will make a play, I would try my hand in direction but only if I think that I will be technically sound, I would like to make less mistakes.

Reactions: nrbhayo