What products to toss after Strep?

• Work-from-home
Jul 3, 2022
Hi! I just got strep and been taking meds, already feeling better but I was wondering what I should toss? I already bought new lipstick but what about other products? Should I toss my cream skincare? Thanks :)

SimonaTrombi

Mar 20, 2023
Strep throat is a bacterial infection that can be contagious. Here are some products you may want to consider replacing after a strep throat infection:

1. Toothbrush: Replace your toothbrush or electric toothbrush head after you have been diagnosed with strep throat. This is because the bacteria can live on the bristles and potentially re-infect you.
  2. Towels and washcloths: It is advisable to use a separate towel and washcloth during a strep throat infection. Afterward, wash them in hot water and detergent, and use bleach if possible.
  3. Drinking cups, utensils, and plates: Use disposable cups, plates, and utensils during your strep throat infection, or clean your items thoroughly with hot water and detergent, and use bleach if possible.
  4. Lip balm: It is recommended to replace your lip balm after a strep throat infection, as the bacteria can live on the balm.
  5. Make-up applicators: Replace any make-up applicators or brushes that you may have used during your strep throat infection. This includes things like mascara wands, lip gloss applicators, and makeup brushes.