Why is Pakistan in the Top 10 FSI list again?

• Work-from-home
Oct 18, 2009
LoCk Me In YoUr HeArT

Once again, for the fourth time in the last five years, Pakistan has figured in the list of the TOP 10 FAILED STATES amongst 177 countries in the world.
The rankings achieved by Pakistan over the past half a decade in the Failed States Index (FSI) are as follows:
2006 – Rank 9
2007 – Rank 12
2008 – Rank 9
2009 – Rank 10
2010 – Rank 10

The Failed States Index (FSI) is an annual report published by a collaboration between Foreign Policy (a premier, award-winning magazine of global politics, economics, and ideas) and The Fund for Peace (a nonprofit research and educational organization). The index’s ranks are based on twelve indicators of state vulnerability – four social, two economic and six political. They are meant to measure a state’s vulnerability to collapse or conflict.
Not surprisingly, 7 out of the Top 10 countries in the list are from the African continent and any comparison with those countries would be pointless. However, what is shocking is that Pakistan has actually fared worse than war-torn Asian countries such as Afghanistan and Iraq in some of the parameters such as Group Grievance, Human Flight, Uneven Development and Security Apparatus. To add to that, it has also fared worse than North Korea (19th) and Iran (32nd) (two countries which are currently facing Human Rights crisis and Economic Sanctions) and Bangladesh (24th), Sri Lanka (25th) and Nepal (26th) (countries in the neighborhood, much smaller economically and having fewer resources). The analysis can go on and on but the results are there for all to see.
I won’t be surprised if the media hasn’t reported about this and the government doesn’t do anything about it but to the common educated people this information is readily available. Question is, What, if at all anything, is anyone doing about it?

nrbhayo

Nov 23, 2009
bakwas hoti he sb , jb 2007 me laal masjid py hamla hua tb 12 ho gea rank , tb duniya ki nazr me kamyaab ho gea , wah.