Tauba & Duas for Forgivness - Istighfar

• Work-from-home

RedRose64

Co Admin
Mar 15, 2007
Canada
Tauba & Duas for Forgivness - Istighfar

The book of Allah and my family. (thaqalayn);
I am leaving behind two weighty things (thaqalayn); The book of Allah and my family. They will never seperate from each other until they come back to me at kawthar (heavenly spring)"

Allah loves a believer who seeks forgiveness by asking for Tauba and Istaghfar. Tauba is among the most praiseworthy acts of virtue for the believers.
Allah is more pleased with the repentance of His servants than a person who found his lost camel in a waterless desert. In fact, Allah loves to see the believer repent more than He hates to see him sin. The Prophet (P.B.U.H) said “If you were not to commit sins, Allah would have swept you out of existence and would have replaced you by another people who have committed sin, and then asked forgiveness from Allah.”

Allah says: “My mercy predominates my wrath.”
Allah accepts the repentance of a believer for as long as he is not at the point of death. He (or she) who repents of a sin is like him who has committed no sin. Indeed Allah loves a believing servant who sins and then realizes his mistake and greatly repents with a true heart and seeks His forgiveness, mercy, and intends with a true heart to never repeat the sin.

When a believer commits a sin and seeks Tauba, Allah becomes so happy and says: "My servant committed a sin and then he came to realize that he has a Lord who holds the sinner responsible and accountable, and also that He has a Lord who forgives the sins if asked for forgiveness: So let him be forgiven"

Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, says: I live in the thought of My servant and I am with him when he remembers Me. When he draws near Me by the span of his hand, I draw near him by the length of a cubit, and when he draws near Me by the length of a cubit I draw near him by the length of a fathom and when he draws near Me walking I draw close to him hurriedly.

Believers are on a path of continual improvement. People do make mistakes, but believers analyze their mistakes and take positive actions to correct them. This examination is critical for creating purity in every action. In this way, believers develop a lifestyle which is firmly grounded in the principles of faith, and as loved by Allah and His Prophet. All the sons of Adam are sinners, but the best of sinners are those who repent.

Duas for Forgivness - Istighfar

O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you.

And O beloved, when My bondsmen ask you about Me, then I am indeed near, accept the call of the caller when he calls upon Me; then they should obey My Commands and believe in Me, so that they may get the way. - Quran 2:186)
(Our Lord! we have indeed believed: forgive us, then, our sins, and save us from the agony of the Fire)
[surah Ali' Imran; 3:16]
Subhâna Rabbina inna kunna dhalimeen
(Glory to our Lord! Verily we have been doing wrong!)
[68:29]

La illaha illa Anta Subhanak, inni kuntu min adh-dhalimeen
(There is no God but You; Glory be to You, Truly I have been one of the wrongdoers)
[Surah al-Anbiyah, 21: 87]

Subhânaka tubtu ilaiyka wa 'ana awwal-ul mu'mineen
(Glory be to Thee! To Thee I turn in repentance, and I am the first to believe)
[surah al-A'raf, 7:143]

Allahumma-ghfir li dhanbi kullahu, diqqahu wa jillahu, wa awwalahu wa akhirahu, wa 'ala niyatahu wa sirrahu

(O Allah! Forgive me all my sins, great and small, the first and the last, those that are apparent and those that are hidden)
[Muslim 1:350]

Allahumma inni asaluka ya Allahu bi annakal Wahidul Ahadus-Samadul ladhi, lam ya-lid wa lam youlad, wa lam yakullahu kufuwan Ahad, an taghfirali dhunoobi innaka Antal Ghafûûrur Raheem
(O Allah! I ask You, O Allah, You are the One, the Only, Self Sufficient Master, who was not begotten and begets not and non is equal to Him. Forgive me my sins, surely you are Forgiving, Merciful.)

Astaghfirullaha wa atûûbu ilai(hi)
(I seek the Forgiveness of Allah and repent to Him.)
[to be reicted 100 times during the day]

Subhanakal-Lahumma wa bihamdik, ash-hadu allaillaha illa ant, astaghfiruka wa'atoobu ilaiyk
(Glory be to You, O Allah, and all Praise, I testify that there is no deity but You, I seek Your Forgiveness and to You do I repent.)
[3 times] [recommended for at the end of meetings, atoning for infractions during it]

Allahumma inni astaghfiruka li dhanbi wa as'aluka rahmatak
(O Allah! I ask You for Forgiveness for my sins, and for Your Mercy.)

Allahummaghfirli khatâyaya wa dhunubi kullaha
(O Allah! Forgive all my sins and ommissions.)

Rabbana la tu'a-khidhna in-nasina aw akta'na, Rabbana wa la tahmil 'alaiyna isran kama hamaltahu 'alal-ladheena min qablina. Rabbana wala tuham-milna mala taqata-lana beh. Wa'fu-'anna, waghfir-lana war hamna, Anta maulana fansurna 'alal qawmil kaafireen

(Our Lord! Condemn us not if we forget or fall into error; our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which Thou didst lay on those before us; Our Lord! lay not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Blot out our sins, and grant us forgiveness. Have mercy on us, Thou art our Protector; Help us against those who stand against Faith)
[surah al-Baqarah; 2:286]

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta, Anta Khalaqtani wa ana abduka, wa ana 'ala ahdika wa wa'dika mastata'tu, A'udhu bika min Sharri ma sana'tu, abu'u Laka bini'matika 'alaiya, wa Abu Laka bidhanbi faghfirli innahu la yaghfiru adhdhunuba illa anta

(O Allah! You are my Lord! None has the right to be worshipped but You. You created me and I am Your slave, and I am faithful to my covenant and my promise as much as I can. I seek refuge with You from all the evil I have done. I acknowledge before You all the blessings You have bestowed upon me, and I confess to You all my sins. So I entreat You to forgive my sins, for nobody can forgive sins except You.)

[From 'The Prayers of Forgiveness that Save from the Hellfire' by Hasan al-Basri]

Dua:
Oh Allah, let us become better Muslims by repenting for our sins, major and minor, intentionally or unintentionally, openly or secretly, and accept our repentance, and save us from repeating our sins. Aameen.

O Allah, grant us shifa from all sicknesses and ailments – physical and spiritual.
O Allah, bless us with physical health and spiritual health.
O Allah! I ask You to bestow Your mercy on me, to forgive me, to protect me from every sin, to give me a share of every good, and to grant me the attainment of the Garden and salvation from the Fire.

Oh Allah protect our brothers, sisters, and children who are suffering around the world for various reasons. Oh Allah do not lay a burden on them more than what they are able to bare. Oh Allah, help us to join hands in the name of Allah and in the Name of Islam and help our brothers, sisters and children in need.

Please Remember all Muslims in your prayers Specially who needs our prayers...

Reactions: nrbhayo