SRK Interview

• Work-from-home

appyfizz1234

May 22, 2009
A special interview by Viral Bhayani in Mumbai

Viral Bhayani catches up with Bollywood star, Shah Rukh Khan, to talk about his life after Devdas and his upcoming film, Chalte Chalte.

We do not hear of many movies from your end…

Mr Khan: 'I do not want to work on more than one film at a time. Right now I'm set on finishing on my work in Main Hoon Na as well as Kal Ho Na Ho.
After both these films are completed I intend to start work on Ashutosh Gowarikar's Swades'.

Aishwarya Rai was supposed to play opposite you in Chalte Chalte?
Mr Khan: 'Rani Mukerjee had heard the script almost a year ago. But due to my back problem, when my schedules went haywire, matching my dates with Rani's was difficult. That's when we opted for Aishwarya Rai. Rani Mukherji was always the first choice for the film'.

Tell us something about the movie and the music of Chalte Chalte?

Mr Khan: 'It is a film that goes through its own metamorphosis of experiences. The characters of this film could be you or me - it is about everyday experiences that we all at some point of our lives encounter with our partners.
The film is about certain inherent differences with the opposite sex'.

Mr Khan continues, 'We have strived to achieve a different genre with the music of Chalte Chalte.
The songs offer a variation in their music appeal and I think there is a track for everyone's palate….
Jatin Lalit and Aadesh have given the kind of music that we had in mind for our film, which perfectly complements the mood and the situations. The feel of the film is very contemporary and so is the music'.

How do you feel that most of the times your screen name is Rahul. Is that to suit your character in the film?

Mr Khan: 'In Aziz saab's film, my name is Raj , if you noticed in the film Raju Bangaya Gentleman I'm Raj Mathur.
Before it was Raj and Rahul and I guess between the names of Raj and Rahul, I sometimes become Devdas too! I'm sure no one will name Devdas back in my future movies!'