Shahrukh Khan invites Vineet Singh for lunch

• Work-from-home

maddygenious

May 20, 2010
Heart
Lucknow guy Vineet Singh, who has been participating in various music reality shows on the small screen, is on cloud nine these days. Reason? Shah Rukh Khan recently invited him over to Mannat for lunch. Well, let's start from the beginning. Vineet sang on a reality show, Music Ka Maha Muqabla and SRK was so impressed by his talent that he invited him over for lunch.
"I sang Ishq Kameena and Tumse Milke Dil Ka Hai Jo Haal' for him, on my birthday. He was so moved by my performance that he not only invited me to Mannat for a lunch date, but also gifted me his favourite watch," beams Vineet.
"Being there was just amazing. The high point of the meeting was our little photo session. He gave me a warm hug during the shoot. I've never been hugged like that!" he laughs. And now the city crooner is nurturing one more dream. "I really want to sing for SRK," says Vineet, who will be singing for Farah Khan's upcoming movie Tees Maar Khan. And though Vineet is having a good time in Mumbai, he still misses Lucknow ki masti. "I have fond memories of the days when I would go 'Ganjing' with my friends. Also, Tundey Ka Khana, mujhe bahut yaad aata hai."
So does he have any plans of coming to the city anytime soon. "I have a show lined up in Kanpur," he informs. And what about Lucknow? "Surprisingly, I don't have any show offers from my own city! But now that SRK has gifted me a watch, I think time will change!"

v4uy3q.jpg

Reactions: nrbhayo

melody1000

TM Star
Nov 13, 2008
Bangalore,India
u know the actual story behind vineet getting SRK's watch? It happened live during the contest and yes it ws vineet's birthday. But vineet asked SRK can i ask u for something and u should refuse..SRK said ok...ask me...then Vineet said give me something of yours that i can keep as a momento & he kept pestering SRK. SRK said i dont have anything with me to give you except for my watch n purse. Vineet then said give me your watch & i will always wear it.....

Reactions: nrbhayo