Real Madrid Are Playing Better Than Barcelona - Cristiano Ronaldo

• Work-from-home

dream girl

Khwabon se bahre Naina
VIP
Jul 30, 2008
ITALY
Cristiano Ronaldo has demanded that Real Madrid be shown respect for their efforts this season ahead of Sunday's showdown with Barcelona.

The Portuguese star has spent around the last six weeks on the sidelines with an ankle injury, but is expected to feature when los Blancos travel to the Camp Nou for el Clasico.

Manuel Pellegrini's side recently overhauled the Spanish champions at the top of the table, and for Ronaldo, it shows that the capital side have been playing better than their rivals this season.

"If we are playing that badly, we shouldn't be first. But that must be respected," he stated to Marca.

"It seems that Barca are playing better but the statistics don't say that. Nothing is won without going through difficulties.

"We must work hard to achieve something. Real Madrid are playing some brilliant football, but the results are good. We must have the humility to understand that we can always improve.

"I enjoy it when Real Madrid win - I go home relaxed and I sleep well. The most important thing is to win - if we play well, even better."

Ronaldo also claimed that "I wouldn't buy anyone" from Barcelona for los Merengues, even though he recognises that they have some "very good" players.

With a wide smile on his face, the 24-year-old added that he would love to score "10 or 20 goals" against the Blaugrana, but joked, "I don't know if that will be possible."