Question By Rao Imran, Can I Wish Merry Christmas Back To Christian Friend

• Work-from-home

MuftiSaeed

Dec 26, 2013
New York, New York
Offline Message left on 25 Dec 2013, 02:33 AM

IRFNY.com

i want to ask you a question, that why we cannot wish to merry christmas. everybody knows that Allah is one. he is alone. even non muslims know this they are agree with this. they always celebrating with us and wishing us.as per my knowledge and also islamic books we can eat with them we can marry with them. just i want to ask you that, who have proof that marry christmas mean Allah....... Astagfir Ullah al azeem. please let me know this topic. so i can save me or other muslims that is this right or wrong ??

Answer

Assalaam O Alaikum

Praise Be To Allah

Several scholars published different opinions, but the most effective authentic answer is, it falls into shirk, if a Muslim respond back to Christian greetings of "Merry Christmas".

We have to realize and come to conclusion, gathering authentic prove from the authentic source, Quran and Sahih Ahadith. Several ahadith mentioned, if a Muslim imitates other's, he is not from us and he belongs to them. Allah has provided unique lifestyle and identity especially for Muslim ummah and cannot be like others.

What is "Merry Christmas"?, everyone, clearly, without doubt knows that, according to the Christians religious materials, they consider this day to be the birth of Jesus Christ.

When a christian greets other christian with Merry Christmas, they are congratulating each other by saying, that Jesus the son of God, born on 25 Dec to save us from hell and will take us to heaven, having their belief on Jesus as savior who born on 25 Dec, and with a belief that he was crucified and they will be granted heaven.

When a christian greet Muslim with Merry Christmas, when a Muslim with a responds back same, he is testifying and claiming by repeating same that

"yes, i congratulate you also, that Jesus son of God, born in this day of 25 Dec, and i congratulate you that our savior was born to save us from hell and take us to heaven and yes i believe on his crucifixion"

You just simply repeating without knowledge out of your ignorance to please them, but not realizing what mockery of God they are making and you are giving them company.

Its similar to, if christian entering the church , he is asking you help him setting up chair. Well the argument is, you didn't worshiped Jesus in the church, but yes you help them in shirk, instead conveying the message of Allah.

Similar to if a pandit entering mandir and asking you, my friend my hands are busy, can you please the light up the candles. You didnt worshiped idol, but yes you helped him in shirk.

Another example, A brelvi ask you please help me in cooking, flagging and setup stage for the Prophet's birthday celebration. You dont do this Bidah ritual, But yes you become part of it and get share of sin of Bidah.

We believe, Jesus was the messenger of Allah and not son, so by greeting back same, its like saying, yes you are right. Getting involved in other's rituals, contradict basic fundamentals of faith in Islam and it is clearly a shirk by responding same or helping them in their religion But yes can respond by with generic greetings, like best wishes, happy holidays, best regards, God bless you.

And Allah Knows Best

Abu Ammaar Saeed Ahmed
Islamic Research Foundation New York

Zeshan_love2

Banned
Dec 31, 2013
Dammam
Offline Message left on 25 Dec 2013, 02:33 AM

IRFNY.com

i want to ask you a question, that why we cannot wish to merry christmas. everybody knows that Allah is one. he is alone. even non muslims know this they are agree with this. they always celebrating with us and wishing us.as per my knowledge and also islamic books we can eat with them we can marry with them. just i want to ask you that, who have proof that marry christmas mean Allah....... Astagfir Ullah al azeem. please let me know this topic. so i can save me or other muslims that is this right or wrong ??

Answer

Assalaam O Alaikum

Praise Be To Allah

Several scholars published different opinions, but the most effective authentic answer is, it falls into shirk, if a Muslim respond back to Christian greetings of "Merry Christmas".

We have to realize and come to conclusion, gathering authentic prove from the authentic source, Quran and Sahih Ahadith. Several ahadith mentioned, if a Muslim imitates other's, he is not from us and he belongs to them. Allah has provided unique lifestyle and identity especially for Muslim ummah and cannot be like others.

What is "Merry Christmas"?, everyone, clearly, without doubt knows that, according to the Christians religious materials, they consider this day to be the birth of Jesus Christ.

When a christian greets other christian with Merry Christmas, they are congratulating each other by saying, that Jesus the son of God, born on 25 Dec to save us from hell and will take us to heaven, having their belief on Jesus as savior who born on 25 Dec, and with a belief that he was crucified and they will be granted heaven.

When a christian greet Muslim with Merry Christmas, when a Muslim with a responds back same, he is testifying and claiming by repeating same that

"yes, i congratulate you also, that Jesus son of God, born in this day of 25 Dec, and i congratulate you that our savior was born to save us from hell and take us to heaven and yes i believe on his crucifixion"

You just simply repeating without knowledge out of your ignorance to please them, but not realizing what mockery of God they are making and you are giving them company.

Its similar to, if christian entering the church , he is asking you help him setting up chair. Well the argument is, you didn't worshiped Jesus in the church, but yes you help them in shirk, instead conveying the message of Allah.

Similar to if a pandit entering mandir and asking you, my friend my hands are busy, can you please the light up the candles. You didnt worshiped idol, but yes you helped him in shirk.

Another example, A brelvi ask you please help me in cooking, flagging and setup stage for the Prophet's birthday celebration. You dont do this Bidah ritual, But yes you become part of it and get share of sin of Bidah.

We believe, Jesus was the messenger of Allah and not son, so by greeting back same, its like saying, yes you are right. Getting involved in other's rituals, contradict basic fundamentals of faith in Islam and it is clearly a shirk by responding same or helping them in their religion But yes can respond by with generic greetings, like best wishes, happy holidays, best regards, God bless you.

And Allah Knows Best

Abu Ammaar Saeed Ahmed
Islamic Research Foundation New York
mian nien like is liye kiya k mujhe is ki bus itni samjh lagi k crismiss pe naouz-billah yeh kehty hien k ALlah ka beta peda howa yeh shirk hy,

is liye like kiya

baki mian nien nahi parha