Imam Mulla `Ali ibn SulTaan al-Qaari al-Hanafi al-Makkee belief about Noor-e-Mustafa

• Work-from-home

The_Dark_Knight

V.I.P Member
Apr 22, 2008
TM
Imam Mulla `Ali ibn SulTaan al-Qaari al-Hanafi al-Makkee [d. 1014ah], was one of the great Hanafi `Ulama'. He is usually refered to as Mulla `Ali Qaari (raHmatullaahi `alay). He quotes the Hadeethi-Noor, which is quoted in previously from Imam Zarqaanee (raHmatullaahi `alay) in his book, "al-Mawrid ar-raawee fil-Mawlid al-haadee": "It is related that Jabir ibn `Abd Allah said to the Prophet
:
"O Messenger of Allah
, may my father and mother be sacrificed for you, tell me of the first thing Allah created before all things." He said: "O Jabir, the first thing Allah created was the light of your Prophet
from [the spiritual enlightenment] His [Divine] light, and that light remained (lit. "turned") in the midst of His Power for as long as He wished, and there was not, at that time, a Tablet or a Pen or a Paradise or a Fire or an angel or a heaven or an earth."

Shaykh al-Muhaddith as-Sayyad Muhammad ibn `Alawi al-Hasani al-Maliki al-Makki in his commentary on `Ali al-Qari's book of the Mawlid entitled Hashiyat al-Mawrid al-rawi fi al-mawlid al-nabawi (p. 40) said:
"The chain of Jabir is sound without contest, but the scholars have differed concerning the text of the Hadith due to its peculiarity. Imam Bayhaqi also narrated the hadith with some differences." Then he quoted several narrations establishing the light of the Prophet

Regarding the post of brother Jabir: Well, the scholars only accept things which they have researched and can prove. Their is also a concept known as "talaqqi bil-qubool" which I will inshaa-Allaah write about in a later post with references. Anyway, their is talaqqi bil-qubool with regard to the Hadeethi-Noor from Jaabir (raDiyallaahu `anhu), i.e. it has been accepted through
tawaatur by the scholars throughout the ages, as can be seen by my posts.

One should also see the words of al-Imaam Muhammad ibn `Abdul-Baaqee az-Zarqaanee (raHmatullaahi `alay) in post [8] and also the next post from Shaykh al-Islaam `Abdul-Haqq MuHaddith Dehlwee (raHmatullaahi `alay).
As for the comments made about Sayyidunaa Ka`b al-Ahbaar (raDiyallaahu `anhu) - all I can say is astaghfirullaah and a`ooDHubillaah. I will post the status of Sayyidunaa Ka`b (raDiyallaahu `anhu) later inshaa-Allaah from the great scholars of the past. In any case, I really can not believe how anyone can accuse MuHaddith Imaam Ibnul-Jawzee (raHmatullaahi `alay) of
quoting something against Islaam from him. This would be a serious allegation.

It is not difficult to accept this belief unless one is a wahhaabee and only believes in himself and rejects the great scholars of the past who defended this Deen from the heretics.

Reactions: nrbhayo