I'lm-i-ghayb Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (sallal Laahu Alaihi Wasallam)

• Work-from-home

The_Dark_Knight

V.I.P Member
Apr 22, 2008
TM
I'LM-I-GHAYB OF THE HOLY PROPHET MUHAMMAD (SALLAL LAAHU ALAIHI WASALLAM)

The Knowledge of the Unseen (I'lm-i-Ghayb) was also bestowed upon the Holy Prophet Muhammad (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam). This I'lm-i-Ghayb was, in essence, the most revealing and surpassing miracle given to the Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam).

This miracle, in it's totality and persuasiveness, surpassed all miracles given to other Prophets taken together. More or less 124 000 Apostles were raised at different periods of time with some specific knowledge of the hidden realm, i.e. I'lm-i-Ghayb. But the Knowledge of the Unseen bestowed upon the Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) was limitless in scope and magnitude. This is to say that each and every miracle in the nature of I'lm-i-Ghayb given to different Prophets was also given to the Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam).

The Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) was the epitomic symbol of all the previous Prophets in the past in respect of their qualitative characteristics and quantum of knowledge and spiritual enlightenment. Relating to this bestowment of knowledge and observation upon the Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam), the Holy Quran says: "Allah has sent down to you O Prophet! the Book and Wisdom and taught what you knew not. Great is the Grace of Allah upon you." 28 In this virtuous essence the Quranic verse asserts that after bestowment of this everlasting treasure of knowledge now there remains no realm of knowledge and enlightenment which is not in the grip of the Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam). This is what the Holy Quran describes as the "Fazl-i-Azim" (The Great Grace) - whatever the Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) was taught by way of knowledge was taught by Allah the Almighty. 29

If the teacher says to the pupil: I have taught you to read and you knew nothing before this, then he is justified to make this claim and there is nothing derogatory on his part to make such a claim; it cannot be termed as insolence to degrade the student. But if the student says to his teacher, you knew nothing and it was your teacher who gave you knowledge, then though, this logic cannot be denied. Nonetheless, it demonstrates that the student is guilty of insolence and misbehaviour towards his teacher. Such an example can hardly be traced in the annals of civilised behaviour.

Whatever the Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) knew was through the knowledge bestowed upon him by Allah the Almighty. This being the fact, if before imparting the knowledge through the Holy Quran, Almighty Allah mentioned the state of the Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam): "You knew nothing of the Book nor of the Faith (Imaan)." 30; it is consonance with the Almighty state of Divine Grandeur. It does not at all behove mortals like us to utter such words in respect of the Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam). This would be downright degrading and insulting the high virtuous status of the Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam).

The uncontroversial fact remains that Allah the Almighty granted the I'lm-i-Ghayb to the Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) and if anyone denies and suspects the veracity of this Divine Truth, he is surely guilty of falsehood and diminishing the eminence of Divine Favour. If there be such a one, he ought to be condemned as a blasphemer, worthy of being expelled from the rank and file of Muslimhood. The quality of a true Muslim is that he accepts and believes as true each and every command of Almighty Allah and acts upon it ungrudgingly and unreservedly and induces others to do so.

The Darbar (seat of pre-eminences) of the Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) is a grand Darbar surpassing the grandeur of worldly kings and monarchs. It is an act of misbehaviour and misdemeanour even to utter loud words in his august presence; such an act causes the loss of other virtuous deeds of a Believer, forfeiting the Divine Grace. There is a stern warning against those who slip away slyly from his assembly without seeking his permission, this amounts to misbehaviour. For them there is stern foreboding of dire punishment on the day of Judgement. It is said: "Deem not the summons of one Apostle among yourselves, like the summons of one of you to another. Allah doth knows those of you who slip away under shelter of some excuse; then those of you who slip away under shelter of some excuse; then beware those who withstand the Apostle's orders, lest some trial befell them or a grievous penalty be inflicted on them." 31 We can guess what would be the state of awe-inspiring grandeur of the Holy Company graced by the Holy Presence of the Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) where even the slightest misdemeanour is caught up as a misdeed inviting punishment from the providence.

The companions of the Holy Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) used to sit in his presence in due respect holding their breaths and not making any gestures to disturb the dignity of the assembly. They would only utter respectful words like: "O Prophet of Allah! May my parents be sacrificed at the alter of your dignity." To every question put to them, their reply used to be, "Allah and his Prophet (sallal laahu alaihi wasallam) know better."

28. Surah Nisa: Verse 113

29. Surah Aala: Verse 6

30. Surah Nur: Verse 63

31. Surah Shura: Verse 52

Reactions: nrbhayo