Celebrating Shahid Kapoor's birthday

• Work-from-home

Pari

(v)i§§· ßµølï ßµð£ï¨
VIP
Mar 20, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Celebrating Shahid Kapoor's birthday

It was celebration time on the sets of choreographer turned producer, Ahmed Khan’s Pathshala as it was the birthday of Professor Rahul. Wondering who he is? Well it is none other than Shahid Kapoor.

Shahid Kapoor is turning 27 today. He will soon be seen as a music teacher in his upcoming film Pathshala . His students from the film decided to celebrate the day in a very special way. And his students are none other than some of the biggest child actors in the business. They are Nanhe Jaisalmer’s nanhe hero Dwij Yadav, ***y of Cheeni Kum, Sweeni Khara and Fanaa’s Ali Haji.

Since Shahid is shooting for Ken Ghosh, the kids got together to wish him through Indiatimes.Movies. Shahid has completed his portions for the film, but as these kids love their Shahid uncle, they planned this special way of wishing the actor on his birthday.

The children bought a gooey chocolate cake for him which the cut and ate after they had sung the birthday song for Shahid. Each student had a gift for their beloved Professor. The gifts included greeting cards, chocolates and much more.

Sweeny declared, “I am missing Shahid uncle a lot and I wish he was here.” The youngest of the lot, 10 year old Ali Haji professed, “We hope that he stays the way he is and we have learned a lot from him whilst shooting for this film.” And not to be outdone, Dwij also added, “We wish him all the best for the future.”

Bonding on the sets is usual amongst actors, but to see the way these kids share such a rapport with Shahid only means that there is a child in Shahid which connects with them. On his birthday, Indiatimes.Movies wish him loads of luck and happiness.

Shahid Kapur turns 27 today. So, here's the birthday boy quizzed by Roshmila Bhattacharya

How do you plan to bring in your birthday?
Oh, I have big plans. (Laughs) I'll be working all day.

That's sad.

No actually. I'm quite happy about this. I was sitting at home for six months after Vivah and for three months after Jab We Met. So I'm glad to be back on the sets even if I have to work on my birthday.

I've had some really special birthdays, I treasure some lovely gifts. The best was my younger brother who was born in 1995 a few months before my 13th birthday. I loved him, he became my jaan.

Why would anyone be sitting at home for three months after a huge hit like Jab We Met?
I was waiting for the right film to come along. I didn't want to take on anything just because I was at home.
I've had two hugely successful films. That allows me the right to pick and choose. It would be foolish not to exercise that choice. But so many of your colleagues are signing mega-buck corporate deals.

"I was sitting at home for six months after Vivah and for three months after Jab We Met. So I'm glad to be back on the sets even if I have to work on my birthday."By being picky, aren't you bypassing opportunities?
I have a two-film deal with UTV. But unless I'm excited with a script, I won't give my go-ahead. I'm fine with the four films I have.

That includes Vishal Bharadwaj's next?
Yes, we're working on the script together at the moment.

Tell me more.
It's too premature. Besides the director would be the right person to represent the film.

Okay, what about Yash Raj's film.
It's a love story (Grins) And since everyone likes to do a love story with Yash Raj, I'm looking forward to it. Dilwale Dulhania le Jayenge is one of my all-time favourites.

Wouldn't you want to step into Shah Rukh Khan's shoes?

Films like DDLJ are great to watch but difficult to recreate.. a film like that comes once in a generation.

Jab We Met had strong shades of DDLJ.
(Smiles) And it did well too. Most of my hits have been love stories. I like that because every actor wants to occupy that space. However, the fact remains that only a few love stories have done well in the last few years.

Did you know that Kismet Connection was offered to Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan earlier?
Really? I didn't know that. But yes, the fact is that this is the first film that Aziz (Mirza) Uncle is making without Shah Rukh, the biggest star of the country. That has been . at the top of my mind. I don't want to let him down.

Isn't Kismet Connection about this NRI dude who meets the American President?
(Laughs out loud) Now where did you hear that? That's complete hogwash.

Reactions: nrbhayo