Another Budget another promise..

• Work-from-home

RedAngel

Super Star
Jan 8, 2010
dream land
Another Budget another promise..

In the history of Pakistan none of the govt have stayed on the numbers/promises it made during the budget session(s)/speech, reason is simple, none of the govt (so far) had shown any interest in the development of the nation, the fiscal policies rotates with the will of International Monetary Agencies/Funds.. So what does this budget has new? and where how this budget is going to help in curbing poverty and illiteracy in Pakistan

I have seen that the VAT has been widely discussed but shall not be imposed until October2010, the stated income from this tax shall be around 70-80 Billion ( correct me if i am wrong) and on the same note govt have increased the budget of Benazir Income Program ( a program to make nation more corrupt, lazy and beggar) from 46 b to 50 b as per news... ( the budget statement says that 40 b is set aside for this program)

my comment on above is, asking addition 70-80 b and spending 50 b on a useless program ??? how does it make sense??? instead this amount ( 50 b) could have been invested in the Pakistan, developing infrastructure of rural areas of Sindh, Balochistan, KP and Punjab would have helped people in generating income and save their honor in addition to the development of the region...

On the other note, (i may have missed it) but education sector has been neglected again, if i am right with the numbers than the amount allocated for this sector is as follows
Rs.15.762 billion for Higher Education Commission
Rs.5.140 billion for Education Division

Can't we add anything on the educational sector from the Benazir Income program, if the govt is unable to build infrastructure the least they could have done is to increase the education fund, get rid of useless atta and income program, provide people with right education.. this will have multi-dimension return...

the Salient feature of the budget 2010-11 can be seen at http://www.geo.tv/important_events/2...points_eng.asp

Iam still wondering, what is the focus of this budget...