: Jealous People

Car
in school: Mitsubishi Lancer

Car
today: Mercedes

Favourite
TV show: I love all Sajid Khan shows

I
lie sometimes: when i am in bed, haha. But seriously, they are usually white lies to avoid hurting someone or to my mum when she worries unnecessarily.

Memorable moments
: The day my first film Ishq Vishkreleased. It took a bumper opening and I went to the theatres with Shahid Kapoor and Ken Ghosh. The audience response was so positive and overwhelming, it was unforgettable.

Philosophy of life
: Life is short and sweet, so make others happy and never let anyone down.

Secret ambition:
I've led such a protected life that a holiday in Venice on my own would be fun.

On a blind date I'd go out with
: Brad Pitt. Please Jennifer Aniston, may I?

If i were a burglar I'd steal: the hearts of my audience.

I'd like to be reborn as:
A social worker. I would like to do something for mentally challenged individuals. Maybe I will do so in this life itself.

Allergies
: Snobbish people

Favourite
drink: Nariyal Paani

What I am terrified of:
doing a bad job in a film and letting my fans down.

Favourite Book:
Chitra Bannerfi's Arranged Marriage

One role I'd give my left arm for:
I would not name a role that has already been done by someone. I want to do a role that others would give their left arm for!

Reactions: H!N@ and nrbhayo

Pari

(v)i§§· ßµølï ßµð£ï¨
VIP
Mar 20, 2007
Toronto, Canada
A m R i T a R a O

Biography

Amrita Rao never knew that she will be a full time actress some day. She comes from a very well to do, Chitrapur Saraswat Brahmin family. She was born on June 17th. The first go to her career came with the Fairever? fairness cream ad. Sucess came thereafter. She was picked up for the close up ad which brought her the much wanted fame. Within months she became the model for the top brands of the country. She modelled for fetched her recognition. Within 18 months, she was the face that promoted Major Brands such as Clean & Clear Face Wash, Pantene Hair Wash, Wringly Chewing Gum, Domino's Pizza, Anne French, HMT Watches. Apart from this she also did a number of South indian commercial ads. With this she did Cadbury's Perk and the Bru coffee ad. This brought in a number of movie offers for her.

Amrita stepped in the world of films Raj Kanwar's Ab Ke Baras (2002). She was later seen in Rajkumar Santoshi's The Legend of Bhagat Singh. But all the while she was not much of a recognized face in the film industry. It was Ken ghosh's 'Ishq Vishk Pyaar Vyaar' which brought her to public notice. Success was not far away from her now. The other movies in line for her were 'Masti', 'Main Hoon Na' and 'Deewar- Let's Bring Our Heroes Home'. Of these once again 'Masti' and 'Main Hoon Na' were hit movies.

Amrita was appreciated for her work in both the films. In 'Main hoon Na' she played a college girl absolute contrast to the one she played in Ishq Vishk Pyaar Vyaar. Farah gave her a new hair style. She wore lot of trendy and western stuff. Masti was a comedy film in which she played a house wife who behaves in a peculiar fashion.

On a personal note Amrita likes watching Sajid Khan?s shows and reading books that have stories in them. She is a very kind hearted person who hates being selfish to people. She wants to be a social worker and help te mentally challenged kids.

Pari

(v)i§§· ßµølï ßµð£ï¨
VIP
Mar 20, 2007
Toronto, Canada
The Trivia of Amrita Rao

Amrita Rao is a famous Indian model and Bollywood actress.

Amrita Rao was born on June 7, 1981 to a very well-to-do Chitrapur Saraswat Brahmin family in Mumbai.

Amrita Rao attended C.G High School in Mumbai, and later enrolled in Sophia College to pursue a degree in psychology.

Amrita Rao has an identical twin sister named Preeta Rao.

Amrita Rao can fluently speak English, Hindi, Konkani, and Marathi.

Amrita Rao first auditioned for an advertisement for Fairever Face Cream. To her surprise she was selected amongst 60 other contestants. After this ad she was noticed by many Bollywood producers.

Amrita Rao failed to generate any ripples in her debut film, ' Ab Ke Baras' in 2002. However she gained recognition after the success of Ishk Vishk in 2003. The film was a world-wide hit and made her famous virtually overnight. Success followed her even in 2004 with films like Masti and Main Hoon Na.

Amrita Rao has been linked to stars like Kamal Khan, Fardeen Khan and Salman Khan.

Amrita Rao won the Sansui Awards for 'Best Debut' category for the film, Ishq Vishk.

In 2004 Amrita Rao won the Stardust Award, Superstar of Tomorrow – Female for the film, Ishq Vishk

In 2004 Amrita Rao won the IIFA Awards, Best Female Debut - Ishq Vishk

Amrita Rao won the R8 Women Awards in Young Achiever category in 2007.

Amrita Rao missed the role played by Priyanka Chopra in krrish; she was replaced as she obviously looked much younger to Hrithik Roshan.

In 2007 Amrita Rao won the Anandalok Puroshkar Awards, Most Promising New Talent - Vivah.

Amrita Rao is the only bollywood actress after Madhuri Dixit to be painted by the world famous Indian artist M.F.Hussain. He painted her pictures of the movie vivah.

Pari

(v)i§§· ßµølï ßµð£ï¨
VIP
Mar 20, 2007
Toronto, Canada
The Quotes of Amrita Rao

Before consenting to a first time director, the first and foremost thing that I look for is the script. There are all kind of projects that have come my way and I look forward to that strong factor that could carry all of us; the kind of support...
~ Amrita Rao

Currently, Brian has brushed my skills in ballroom dancing and fox trot. Next in line will be salsa, and later, various dance forms like jazz and hip hop. My training right now will increase..
~ Amrita Rao

He is decent looking, but I don't know about his sex appeal. You need to have a good personality and moral qualities, apart from looks to be sexy. He is a good cricketer, but I don't think he is sexy.
~ Amrita Rao

Hollywood certainly features in my scheme of things. I'd love to do a good film there,
~ Amrita Rao

I am very excited for the film as it presents me in a completely new way," said Rao, while Malhotra quipped in saying, "She will blow your minds away,I saw the first rushes, and she is looking hot and some of the credit goes to me.
~ Amrita Rao

I couldn't shoot for the song as I was busy shooting for Athidhi in Austria. Farah would call me up every time and badly wanted Sushmita, Zayed, Shah Rukh and myself to do a Main Hoon Na sequence but I just could not get out of my...
~ Amrita Rao

I didn't get a single chance to shoot with any cricketer. It has all been Harman's privilege and I am very jealous of him,
~ Amrita Rao

I haven't worked with her, but I'm totally comfortable with her and I think she is, too. Bebo is a cool girl.
~ Amrita Rao

I play Nandini, a medical student from Jaisalmer. The character is very strong and inspiring. Nandini's character is basically very vocal about her mind.
~ Amrita Rao

I think everyone has her own comfort level. We all have our priorities and USPs. When you're young, you need to cash in on your assets, whatever they might be. If they can sleep peacefully after what they do, good for them. I wouldn't do such roles because I'm not comfortable doing them. If I wear a swimsuit my discomfort would show, and the whole sensuality bit would fall apart.
~ Amrita Rao

I was working for the Telugu film 'Athidhi'. Also, my films, which are slated for release this year, kept me occupied,
~ Amrita Rao

I won't mind exposing on the demand of the script.
~ Amrita Rao

I'm choosy because you have to see to believe what kind of scripts filmmakers come up with - they are hilariously silly! I can't imagine from where they think of such stories; at times like that, you almost feel that Hindi cinema hasn't moved for decades. Out of so many that I hear, there might be only one or two worth considering. There's no choice but to be choosy.
~ Amrita Rao

I'm not only scared of being branded a lucky mascot but also of being typecast as the girl next door.
~ Amrita Rao

It does hurt reading malicious articles especially when people know who you are. I guess I will have to learn to take things in my stride
~ Amrita Rao

It is the best compliment of my life,
~ Amrita Rao

It seems just the other day when Farah and I had loads of fun doing Main Hoon Na. When her brother Sajid called me, I was so happy. I share a special relationship with both of them. Sajid wanted all the heroines who are his friends to be part of...
~ Amrita Rao

It surely is a new look for me. As an actress one cannot restrict oneself to a particular image and needs to constantly keep on experimenting with different kinds of looks, costumes and characters.
~ Amrita Rao

It was getting dark and I was really scared. So I just shouted pack up and ran for my car. It was hilarious everyone had a good laugh at my expense,
~ Amrita Rao

It was wonderful to do well there, as it is a male-dominated industry. It was a different and interesting experience. For instance, it was challenging to emote the right way on..
~ Amrita Rao

It wasn't a conscious decision to be bold or anything. It all depends on how different artists envision me. If Soorajji (Barjatya) could see me as this simple, docile small town girl in Vivah, then another person saw me the way I am on the magazine...
~ Amrita Rao

It's not a typical David Dhawan film at all. From what I could make out of the script it's far removed from the image that he has.
~ Amrita Rao

Mahadev is a character-driven film where the character I play speaks with a particular north Indian accent.
~ Amrita Rao

Marriages are forever, they should be forever. I think marriages are falling apart these days because egos have become larger than life. Women have become independent and so they easily walk out of relationships. Earlier the woman would totally depend on the man. There will be ups and downs in marriage and we should deal with it gracefully. Selfishness will leave us lonely at the end of the day. In my profession, girls are more committed; if they see someone or are married then they stick to their commitment. Guys just get carried away. So it is very difficult to say whether I will marry an actor. There are a few successful marriages in the industry too, but still... I feel that the first choice should be the last choice and that is also the reason why I haven't got a boy friend. If I decide to go around with a guy, I would want to marry him otherwise it doesn't make sense. So not just marriage but I must say that relationships are forever.
~ Amrita Rao

My role in this movie is of a Catholic girl, whose name is Ria. She is an assistant director in the movie. She is working with a well-acclaimed lady director. It was a great job to do a real life role. It's not a fictitious character
~ Amrita Rao

No way! Just like there was no fire on the sets of 'MHN' with a diva like Sushmita Sen. There's no denying that Bipasha is very sexy, but we have such defined roles in the film that there's no scope for rivalry. Besides, we got along very well. I think I have this strange bonding with Bongs - first Sushmita and now Bipasha!
~ Amrita Rao

Not even once it come across that he was acting like a cricketer. He used to give such subtle expressions while shooting with the professional cricketers and facing bowls from legendary players
~ Amrita Rao

They're kind of inculcating those kind of values among the young generation," Rao said. "Otherwise they would be totally disconnected from where they belong.
~ Amrita Rao

This is the first time I am playing such a rustic character. My character, Kamla, is a potter and is uneducated. It is a costume drama and we also had to adapt to the Bagilkhandi accent. I'm very...
~ Amrita Rao

Urvashi's a very sincere girl, mark my words she will go a long way. Urvashi's character is integral to the central plot of Naqaab, and...
~ Amrita Rao

We all invite you to Sajjanpur . It is a mad hatter town. We just want to invite the audience to come and have fun. That is the main objective. We are not here to preach. It is a funny film
~ Amrita Rao

We wanted the clothes to have a used feel and also I wanted to look comfortable and at ease in them, considering we're not really used to wearing a ghagra-choli everyday. So I would practice pottery in them everyday and they were washed several..
~ Amrita Rao

Well, marriages are made in heaven. God has destined us to pair with someone. I shall be married too like any other person. I am fully conscious of it.
~ Amrita Rao

What I like about Harman is his never say die attitude. He is always very gung ho about what he is doing. The way he has played thecharacter is absolutely fascinating. In fact what appealed me most about his performance was that he wasn't acting...
~ Amrita Rao

Yes, in Welcome to Sajjanpur, I will be seen looking much darker than I really am, almost three shades darker than my original complexion,
~ Amrita Rao

You know, there are some screen pairs that people don't forget, like Anil Kapoor-Madhuri, Shah Rukh-Kajol...and what's interesting is that even after two years, people remember Shahid and me as a great screen pair.
~ Amrita Rao

Pari

(v)i§§· ßµølï ßµð£ï¨
VIP
Mar 20, 2007
Toronto, Canada
The Filmography of Amrita Rao

Movie Name : Ab Ke Baras
Release Date : 10 May 2002
Running time : 169 Minutes
Starring : Arya Babbar, Amrita Rao

Movie Name : The Legend Of Bhagat Singh
Release Date : 7 June 2002
Running time : 155 Minutes
Starring : Ajay Devgan, Raj Babbar, Farida Jalal, Akhilendra Mishra, Sushant Singh, D Santosh, Amrita Rao

Movie Name : Ishq Vishk
Release Date : 9 May 2003
Running time : 134 Minutes
Starring : Shahid Kapoor, Amrita Rao, Shenaz Treasurywala

Movie Name : Masti
Release Date : 9 April 2004
Running time : 167 Minutes
Starring : Ajay Devgan, Vivek Oberoi, Aftab Shivdasani, Ritesh Deshmukh, Lara Dutta, Genelia Dsouza, Amrita Rao

Movie Name : Main Hoon Na
Release Date : 30 April 2004
Running time : 174 Minutes
Starring : Shahrukh Khan, Sushmita Sen, Sunil Shetty, Zayed Khan, Amrita Rao, Kabir Bedi

Movie Name : Deewaar
Release Date : 25 June 2004
Running time : 180 Minutes
Starring : Amitabh Bachchan, Sanjay Dutt, Akshaye Khanna, Amrita Rao

Movie Name : Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi
Release Date : 23 December 2005
Running time : 132 Minutes
Starring : Shahid Kapoor, Amrita Rao, Sanjay Dutt, Arshad Warsi

Movie Name : Shikhar
Release Date : 30 December 2005
Running time : 156 Minutes
Starring : Ajay Devgan, Shahid Kapoor, Bipasha Basu, Amrita Rao

Movie Name : Pyare Mohan
Release Date : 21 April 2006
Running time : 133 Minutes
Starring : Fardeen Khan, Vivek Oberoi, Esha Deol, Amrita Rao

Movie Name : Vivah
Release Date : 24 November 2006
Running time : 162 Minutes
Starring : Shahid Kapoor, Amrita Rao, Anupam Kher, Alok Nath

Movie Name : Heyy Babyy
Release Date : 24 August 2007
Running time : 144 Minutes
Starring : Akshay Kumar, Fardeen Khan, Riteish Deshmukh, Vidya Balan, Amrita Rao, Amisha Patel

Movie Name : Athidhi
Release Date : 18 October 2007
Starring : Mahesh Babu, Amrita Rao, Prakash Raj

Movie Name : Shortcut - The Con is On
Release Date : 2008
Starring : Akshaye Khanna, Arshad Warsi, Amrita Rao, Simi Garewal

Movie Name : Hook Ya Crook
Starring : R. Siddharth, Amrita Rao

Movie Name : Victory
Starring : Harman Baweja, Anupam Kher, Amrita Rao, Navjot Singh Siddhu